Original topic:

1 Week With The S23 Ultra šŸ˜ - Great Evolution!

(Topic created on: 02-11-2023 10:21 PM)
JimmyA
ā˜…
Options
Galaxy S
S23 Ultra 5G 512GB/12GB RAM - UAE

(This is a Subjective Personal experience Review)

Boy did Samsung come a long way compared to before! Though thereā€™s no Innovation, we can safely say itā€™s a great Evolution but not a Revolution.

For the past 9 years, I used the same apps daily, with the same amount of daily usage. As years passed by, the Samsung Note phones kept getting bigger, and the battery life shorter, until it reached rock bottom with the Note 20 Ultra along with over-heating issues. Then came the S22 Ultra and changed it all.

I didnā€™t think they will pull it off and make a better phone in a short time, butboy they did and the S23 Ultra is an improvement in all ways, not that big of an improvement, but itā€™s awesome.

In terms of design, itā€™s almost the same device as the S22 Ultra, slightly bigger camera rings, boxier shape like the old Note we love, feeling better when in the hand, less curves more squared off. When in a case, you will not feel or see all that.

The main 3 upgrades are the Camera,the Chip, and most importantly, with he help of the new screen,the efficiency.

As I mentioned above, I daily use the same apps, same amount of time, phone is always on 30% brightness, WQHD+ and at 60HZ.

I used to get4 to 4.5 hours of SOT(Screen on time) on the Note 20 Ultra, then6.5 to 7 Hours on the S22 Ultra andnow on the S23 Ultra i'm averaging 9+ Hours! Thatā€™s almost30% more in 1 year from the S22 Ultra, andalmost 50% more in 2 years from the Note 20 Ultra! Thatā€™s bonkers! And if you leave the phone alone and barely use it, it drains so slow.

Note 20 Ultra Battery LifeNote 20 Ultra Battery LifeS22 Ultra Battery LifeS22 Ultra Battery LifeS23 Ultra Battery LifeS23 Ultra Battery Life

The ā€œSnapdragon 8 Gen 2 For Galaxyā€ that hasHigher Clock Speeds for CPU and GPU only on the Samsung S Devices, combined with the LTPO3 Screen, has thebest efficiency there is.The phone is not heating or over-heating, feels faster and snappier thanks to the UFS4.0 Storage and DDR5 Ram. https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/Samsung-Develops-First-UFS-4-0-Storage-Solution/td-p/11...

The "main camera" upgrade is minor around 20% to the naked eye, if you are not one of the 3 people left on earth who print a phone photo, then the 200MP camera wonā€™t add much to your life, the 108MP on the S22 Ultra is almost as good, this one is better, but viewing the photos on a tv or a phone screen, you will barely see the difference.

The video stabilization is vastly improved, also the night shots are better. The sound is amazing on it now and the speakers are louder and clearer with a punch of bass.

The One UI 5.1 combined with Android 13 is a nice addition, i think it was the last missing piece that is now holding everything together.

What I didnā€™t like:

1. Camera shutter speed, still super slow in 2023, but you can use the normal 12MP mode for faster shutter speeds or just install the Camera assistant app. https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/Camera-Assistant-App-Make-The-Camera-Shutter-Speed-Fast...
  2. No Revolution in the industry like before.
  3. No evolution of the S-Pen or new features.
  4. Thatā€™s it šŸ˜Š
Besides the few items above,the phone is an absolute power house, a beast, and on a personal level and based on my daily usage of a phone (Work, emails, chat, media consumption, need for battery life)I absolutely love it, they took my favorite the S22 Ultra and made it better. Great job Samsung, back to where you should be, definitely going the right track, so happy and satisfied this year. And on top of that, I found out that they changed the Trade in Program paid amount thanks to our fellow member here Beanie:https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/Trade-in/td-p/13320579

The amount paid is AED2847 instead of the AED1847 for my S22 Ultra 512G(I mentioned before that the Trade In Program this year was bad, but they changed the amounts and i changed my comment), I went for it, and this will bring down my AED5449 amount paid to AED2602, thatā€™s without adding the AED500 Voucher and the freebies along with the additional year of Samsung Care+

if you want to know more about the Trade In Program, check the below link: https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/Trade-In-Program-Benefits/td-p/11297449

UAE Trade In Website: https://samsungtradein.ae/

If you are coming from an older than the S22 device and thinking of changing, donā€™t think twice, pre order from herewww.Samsung.com as itā€™s the best deal you can get if combined with the Trade In,I went for it and would safely recommend it to others.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers.

2 Comments
Beanie
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Nice review and thanks for the "shout out" šŸ‘šŸ˜ Can't wait for the arrival of my green S23 ultra!
Galaxy S
Thanks for the heads up :) I'm gonna make 900 more aed šŸ˜„