Original topic:

Unable to change phone ringtones to an mp3

(Topic created on: 01-05-2018 02:32 AM)
Wicky
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy On
Whenever I am trying to chnge my ringtone from the default tones to a mp3 tone of my choice the my drive is opening instead of internal or external storage.
plz suggest & fix this issue asap.
2 Comments
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy On
Thanks for Being a part of Samsung community. We would like to inform you Kindly follow the steps below to resolve your concern :-
- Navigate to apps >> Settings >> Apps >> Tap on three dots >> Reset app preferences.
Kindly change the ringtone after following the above steps. If still issue persists, we request you to operate the device in ‘Safe mode’ as steps mentioned below:
- You need to restart your handset by pressing power key.
- When Samsung logo appears on device’s screen, long press volume down key and keep on pressing it for a few seconds.
- You will see a safe mode label at bottom left side of your handset that implies that safe mode is enabled in the device.
- To exit safe mode, kindly restart your device.
- Note: In safe mode, 3rd party application will be bypassed and handset will work with default applications only. From that, it becomes clear whether it is an issue of the handset or the problem is due to any 3rd party application.

- In case you are facing the same issue, even after following the above mentioned instructions, then please take back-up of important data which is saved in your phone internal memory then perform “Reset”.
- We recommend you to take back up in your PC. Kindly install Smart Switch software in your PC from the below link:
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch/

Open soft ware >back up>back up all> select data according to you.
Reset setting: - Settings >General management > reset >Factory Data Reset.

Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you.
0 Likes
ayankundu
Active Level 1
Galaxy On
I'm also facing the same problem.
0 Likes