Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy F62 Battery draining a little.

(Topic created on: 02-28-2021 11:26 AM)
Shuvs
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy On
Hi All,

I bought Galaxy F62 on its first day. After updating the device and setting it up I have observed that the device in performance wise is really good but the battery is draining little without me doing any heavy usage. Is anyone facing same issue or observation?? 

72 Comments
MrinalKJha
Active Level 7
Galaxy On
hi, I faced the same when using application like Youtube. However, after charging it to full 100% and using Dark Mode it reduced. Hopefully in next update they will fix it.
Shuvs
Active Level 3
Galaxy On
that's informative. I have kept the theme to adaptive like changing to dark during night and light during the day. as for me I haven't used much youtube or heavy applications in my use. one thing I did notice is that during VoLTE calls the battery is used. I too have charged the phone to 100% but then after unplugging I saw that it dropped to 99% without me doing anything.

I would like samsung to look into this and release and update for this.

I also have a galaxy f41 which really is very optimized and giving awesome battery backup
MrinalKJha
Active Level 7
Galaxy On
Yes that's possible. Since its not even a month Samsung has launched F62, I expect more updates to come next month to optimize the phone
amsbms
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy On
I am also facing same issue, even I used very light then also battery consumed very highly, Samsung needs to work on battery optimization for F62, never expected this performance from 7000mah battery, other companies able to give better battery backup even if 4000/ 5000 mah battery,
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy On
if you not done yet then do some settings to save more battery life and observe for next 1-2 days, it will give a noticeable difference

1. Settings>Connection>more connections settings> disable nearby device settings.

2. Settings>>Location>improve accuracy >disable
A. Wifi scanning
B. Bluetooth scanning .

3. Device care>battery >power mode>select "optimised" and "adaptive power saving".

And then click on "app power management >
And enable these 2 options.
A. Adaptive battery
B. Put Unused Apps to Sleep.

FOR ANDROID 11;
A. DEVICE CARE > Battery>Background Uses Limit > Put Unused App to Sleep
B. Device care>click on 3dot at top right corner>automation>adaptive power saving
C. Device Care > Battery> More Battery Settings>Adaptive Battery

4. Long press on each app specially 3rd party app(LIKE FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE) and rarely used apps and also ON "GOOGLE APP" as well, then click on>app info(ibutton)>> go to these 3 options below on by one

A. Mobile data> allow background data usage>off

B. Battery >allow background activity >off

C. Notification >disable unnecessary notifications like promotional and unnecessary reminder notifications.

5. Go to settings> privacy > permission manager > location> and check which app have accessing your location all the time and if you not using that apps much, then deny access or set as " allowed only while in use"
As unnecessary location access by 3rd party app causing battery drain.

6.  Go to settings > Google > on device sharing> check which 3rd party apps present there for e.g. if you use paytm , paytm will  shared data to show recommendation and suggestion which also cause battery drain

7.  Go to settings > account and backup> Manage account > check which app syncing automatically there, and if any app which not necessary to auto sync then click on it and "disable sync"

8. Go to settings >apps>search "weather" >click on weather settings (icon)> change "auto refresh" settings as per your requirements and disable some unnecessary reminder. ( due to auto refresh it continuously consuming battery)

9. If you use Facebook frequently then disable "auto play video"
And if you are mostly uses mobile, on wifi connection then also disable "auto play videos" in YouTube.

10. Settings>Google >click on 3dot at right top corner>usage and diagnostics >off this option.
Shuvs
Active Level 3
Galaxy On
some options I am already using but thanks for the detailed explanation. Still I have seen quite a number of customers did say that battery is getting drained. I believe software is not yet fully optimized but sure will try to give your settings a try.
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy On
don't flow with others its depends on user to user, uses patterns and downloaded apps, mostly battery draining is not much as we have seen only thing is user expectations are so high regarding 6k or 7k battery mostly thought that battery should run till 2-3 days but its impossible
btw i still suggest you to do all and if possible give me feedback here 🙂
Shuvs
Active Level 3
Galaxy On
yes true.. battery depends a lot on usage. For example I have very less screen on time but still battery is drained maybe because of voice calls or internet background usage. anyways, I have done all the steps you mentioned. will update you after few days.
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy On
👍👍🤞
0 Likes