Original topic:

No New Features in Samsung Calendar

(Topic created on: 07-01-2021 01:32 AM)
SudB
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy On
Indeed, my phone (Galaxy On Nxt) is outdated feature wise but as long as I have a somewhat old Android version that allows me to continue using my old phone smoothly enough, what's better than that? 

However, in so many years I've not seen any new feature in Samsung Calendar. It would not be an exaggeration if I say that this is the most neglected and boring app. Considering that Samsung Notes improved drastically and the updated version was allowed on all devices made me really happy!

One feature that I'd really like really want Samsung to incorporate is different calendar layouts as per user's need. User should get to choose if they want a study-planner cum calendar, a business calendar, or something else that makes it easy to manage work-life balance, without having to install multiple apps miscellaneous uses.

Who else vouches for a personalized calendar?
6 Comments
MAHESAMSUNG
Expert Level 5
Galaxy On
Dear, SAMSUNG calender has adopted a standard method for calender based on international requirements. We can mark important days using the facilities provided.
0 Likes
SudB
Active Level 3
Galaxy On
Hello Sir. Exactly it's a standard version, and not personalised to user's needs. Have you seen any changes made to that app in so many years of using Damsung phone(s)?
0 Likes
Abdul_Rahman
Active Level 9
Galaxy On
Dear, Galaxy User

Share this feedback with Samsung customer care team so they will add it in future software updates
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy On
What's stopping you from replacing the Samsung Calandar with any other application from the playstore?
0 Likes
SudB
Active Level 3
Galaxy On
I was going to download Google Calendar. And then I saw the comments where a recent update deleted app's data. I don't want to risk losing my data. And somehow I want to stick with Samsung Calendars just like Samsung Notes.
0 Likes
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy On
Google Calandar syncs the user data in the cloud by default. Deleting the app's data should not effect a regular user as it can simply fetch a backup from the cloud.

Samsung Calandar and Notes does the same, but syncs data to the Samsung accounts (which now uses One Drive on newer phones atleast). It's upto you to decide whether you trust Google to keep your data safe in cloud or Microsoft/Samsung.

There are also multitude of other Calandar apps that sync your data from Google or Samsung/Microsoft account and provide you with more customisation apps than what the official apps can do (without having to worry about losing data)