Original topic:

Getting hot

(Topic created on: 07-26-2020 09:07 PM)
GVKRISHNA
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy On
My smart phone galaxy SM G610 F is getting hot when data is on. Once the mobile got heated, the battery drains suddenly and phone gets shutdown @ 30 to 40% of average battery.Factory reset was done twice. The Samsung service person says no problem, either with device or with battery.  
What might be the reason?
0 Likes
7 Comments
admin58
Active Level 7
Galaxy On
backup data and do reset
0 Likes
GVKRISHNA
Active Level 1
Galaxy On
I did twice
0 Likes
Shrinjay
Active Level 5
Galaxy On
If in warrenty try changing your motherboard if nothing else works..This will surely solve the problem
0 Likes
GVKRISHNA
Active Level 1
Galaxy On
Not in warranty
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy On
I think it's network issues you are facing. As you are in low network area sim tries its best to give you what you need. If you use data continuously heating issues occur also battery discharges quickly.
I suggest
1. Turn off data when you don't use
2. Turn off location, and scanning in location.
3. Turn off background data usage for individual apps.
4. Turn off sync.

Also battery calibration may needed as it suddenly decrease to 0 from 30/40%. So do this,
Drain your battery completely until it doesn't turn on. Then charge it for 100%. Then type *#0228# and do quick start test. Then again drain battery to 0 charge to 100%.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy On
Do this drain and full charge only twice. After that for better battery life and performance charge between 20-80%. Don't charge above 80 and discharge below 20%.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy On

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve "Overheating" issue please follow the below given steps:

1)Close background running apps.

Overheating--Follow the link for more details :- https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-heating-issue-occurs-in-mobile-device/

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes