Original topic:

wifi calling note 8

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 12:56 AM)
kaleemhaque
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Earlier when  I brought Samsung note 8, there was an option of wifi calling. Now it has disappeared all together. Since airtel and jio have launched wifi calling which seems to be a great feature in metro cities where u have difficulty searching for signals in high rise apartments, my note 8 seems lacking it. I want it to be back. I don't understand why samsung has removed it on note 8?
19 Comments
uk29
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
the option is still there ..
go to settings-connection-wifi calling
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
WiFi calling on Galaxy Note 8 is currently available on Jio only. Airtel has to come up with an OTA update for it to support on Note 8.
kaleemhaque
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
No in my note 8, it is not there.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
WiFi calling on Galaxy Note 8 is currently available on Jio only. Airtel has to come up with an OTA update for it to support on Note 8.
0 Likes
kaleemhaque
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
when is it going to come?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Airtel has not replied to the same on email. It's looking highly unlikely to introduce VoWiFi support for Note 8.
0 Likes
anshvish
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
where do we raise this pls, can u share airtel email or web link to share that we need update for noted
0 Likes
kaleemhaque
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
This is in response to our email enquiring about Vo-Wifi calling for your Airtel Mobile ----------------.

We are happy to inform you that Airtel is launching WIFI Calling to provide best-in-class Voice services which will give you superior indoor voice coverage.

Now you can enjoy:

Enhanced indoor coverageHigh definition call clarityInstant call connectLess call dropsNative dialer experience

I would like to inform you that you can check the eligibility of your mobile for wifi calling in the given link www.airtel.in/wifi-calling

0 Likes
kaleemhaque
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Currently, your handset is not compatible for WIFI calling. We are in the process of enabling it for all the Airtel customers and will update you through relevant mediums once it is available for you.

Hope this helps!

Warm Regards

Airtel - The network with India's Best Video Experience

0 Likes