Original topic:

why only exynos and not Snapdragon in Samsung note9?

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 10:25 AM)
John4
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I am a very old users of Samsung smartphone and i love it... I have already used 6 different models of Samsung and now i am using note 9,most powerful phone (in reality, it's nothing because of exynos) but now i will move to other phones because Samsung is only using the very low speed exynos processor in India and that's why every time the phone lags... In USA, Samsung use Snapdragon but not in India just because to increase their sell of exynos processor... BUT YOU MUST KNOW THE CUSTOMER'S PREFERENCE... Indians are heavy users of phone in every aspect and therefore Snapdragon is obviously needed... I have seen the comparison between the Snapdragon and exynos processor in note 9  and they both have lot's of difference but same model... Please change your business tactics... There are many Samsung users leaving Samsung and i am one of them...
8 Comments
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Buddy its not low speed exynos. This is because Qualcomm has patented to use their processors in US and some other countries since Qualcommis US company. You can google and check by yourself. If you want to use Exynos in US you need to pay some royalty to Qualcomm which is quite expensive. If they do that then the phone price becomes expensive. That's the reason they use Snapdragon in US as Samsung has to obey US laws and not only that Samsung has to obey every country's law in order to market their products. Also buddy just by seeing some benchmarks and comparisons don't come to the conclusions that exynos is low compared to SD. Always see the genuinity of the video and then come to the conclusion. You know both the processors are almost same. Apply your 🧠 man don just simply post what others say. Think first always before posting something and have some evidence.
0 Likes
John4
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
i agree with you BUT you need to see the comparison between same device with different processors... i have analyzed that and then i wrote it... i know sd is us company and Samsung has to use it in USA and China only and rest of the world is using exynos... but there's a vast difference between those two...#heating issue # battery drainage very fast #low speed # camera lags #not expected performance according to the features & price...
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Because it cost Samsung huge money and duty. Secondly they want to promote in house Chipset in Asia which includes us as our laws are weak but usa can take them to task so laws there are strong
Galaxy Note
First of all only exynos 990 has created issues for samsung, no other exynos processor has had such issues.
Second, the only real issue exynos earlier processors had was the idle battery drain and less impressive gpu.
You can't say really that exynos 990 is bad, if you will watch jerryrigeverything's S20 5G korea mobile tear down, he has clearly mentioned that thermal pasting is missing below processor that may cause overheating. And no one is talking about this design issue, everyone is blaming exynos 990 for it.

You really need to use your brains man. You have not analyzed properly.
Wait for some years, when exynos will come with AMD GPU. It should be better than SD then.
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Custom cores were one reason of low power efficiency in s20. Next Exynoss processor will use standard ARM core. We can see the results with next year's flagship. And most probably it comes with AMD gpu too.
0 Likes
John4
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I'm not only talking about S20, you must know the topic well before you come to the conclusion... I'm not a kid and the whole world knows whether Snapdragon or exynos is strong (especially in galaxy note 9)... just sell those backdated processor the company is using us... this is the reason even Chinese low cost phone perform better than note 9... shame on you Samsung...
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
exynos is no where close to snapdragon in performance. We were just provided inferior product at extremely high cost. Feel cheated😡
John4
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
exactly...
0 Likes