Original topic:

samsung Note 7 update

(Topic created on: 10-12-2016 04:37 PM)
Atadar
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I have spoken to Samsung agent in middle east, I was asked to switch off the phone and wait for the feedback untill the samsung note 7 investigation is completed, and currently there is no refund or replace police for Note 7 in place.
9 Comments
HossamAlmasri
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
you should get used to the mixed messages from Samsung Gulf .. I called them and they assured me that there is a refund .. even the minister of commerce announced it.
0 Likes
ChristianK
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
if there is no refund or replacement, why in the world would I switch it off??
I'll just keep using it as intensively as I can, till they give me a new and better one or whatever. My phone is fine, 99.99% of them are fine.
This is their lawyers trying to minimize further lawsuits.
fmadhoun
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I called samsung gulf at 8007267864 few hours ago and they confirmed that there will be either replacement with another galaxy model or full refund but there is no plan so far about when and how they will implement this change. They advised me to wait for their call and follow up on their gulf website to be updated about the procedures.
0 Likes
HossamAlmasri
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
same here
0 Likes
Franco1
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
After reading several newspaper articles claiming that you can get your money back I called the shop where I bought (jackys UAE) and they told me no plan has been set yet. I called consumer rights as listed on the news paper well see if they actually help to get the refund.
0 Likes
MattyGdx
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
the great customer service number that's as helpful as a fart in a jaquzzi
HossamAlmasri
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
LOL
0 Likes
Franco1
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Back when the recall was first announced there were numerous newspaper articles claiming that it was possible to get a refund for your note 7. I followed all the possible steps to get my money back. I first contacted consumer rights (Department of Economic Development) they asked me for the receipt and gave me a case number. After 3 days they said nothing could be done and that I should file a complaint with the UAE Ministry of Economy. I went ahead and file the complaint with MOE, once again I got a case number and nothing was done. They don't actually force Samsung to go give the money back but rather ask "pretty please" if they can do it, which they didn't. After that Samsung called me and explained the exchange process. I again called MOE to get an explanation and after reaching to the Manager of consumer protection he told me as per UAE law is NOT mandatory for Samsung to give money back only to REPLACE IT.
I had no choice but to exchange for another note 7 and was forced to sign a voluntary exchange form which means Samsung gets covered against any legal action since I "Voluntarily" exchange my device. Now that the exchanged note 7 are catching fire again they will most likely give you an S7 Edge which costs like 1000dhs less.
I for one will never buy a Samsung product again. It has been nothing but trouble and worries with this phone.
Do share your experiences and comments below.
0 Likes
HossamAlmasri
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
this time is different.. before there was the option to get a new note 7 .. now there is no new note 7 so the refund is a must .. I will not go for s7 I paid money for note 7 so no note 7 give me back my money as simple as this