Original topic:

note 8 battery issue

(Topic created on: 03-08-2019 06:54 AM)
Sanjay1990
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello fellow users, I have a issue with my battery.

I always get a SOT of around 6+ hours under medium power saving mode. The issue however is when my phone reaches 20% the battery then drains too quickly.

Within 5 minutes it goes from 20 to 0. I get superb battery life from 100% till 20%. I have even stretched my phone usage for almost 2 days between charge. 

But this battery draining issue that bothers me. Any suggestions or explanation of this issue will be helpful.

51f4bed2-513f-4678-a4b5-a968cb27b0e6.jpg

I am on pie now with feb updates. The battery was charged to 92% and i got a sot of 6hours and 8 min and 20 hours 45 minutes. 
0 Likes
10 Comments
pratiksatpute
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
visit service center
sen001
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
How old is your device?
0 Likes
Sanjay1990
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
11 months old.
0 Likes
sen001
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Then your battery is fine. Just charge it properly with proper charger. Completely discharge and charge your battery 2time. It should make the battery perform again.
0 Likes
Sanjay1990
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
i use the charger provided by samsung and you suggested to recalibrate the battery. i did that too. no luck. i will monitor this for couple more weeks and will then do a factory reset and then see if it helps.
0 Likes
sen001
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
You can also try turning off the Fast Charging option.
0 Likes
Akki07
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
this happened with me too on my s8 and I did a factory reset but no luck. So the only solution is to replace your battery.
0 Likes
Sanjay1990
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
the only concern that bothers me is that are samsung service center reliable ? the note 8 is waterproof and everbody knows that the seal which is beneath the back panel is gone for good once the phone is opened to change battery. will samsung again reapply the seal while assembling the phone after battery change ? is your phone still waterproof after battery change ?
0 Likes
Akki07
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I couldn't guarantee of water resistance would be there after replacement of battery but they surely apply water proof tapes but i will not going to test it cuz who knows what wud be happened.
0 Likes