Original topic:

new on 70 % batteries being faulty

(Topic created on: 09-06-2016 12:42 PM)
Blade1
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
there is an article published by BGR. It says that Note 7 battery problem has been traced to the batteries supplied by Samsung own division. Chinese model of Note7 is not affected due to the batteries being supplied from another, Chinese supplier. As per article world wide recall is caused by the fact that up to 70% of the batteries supplied for the international versions by Samsung own factory can be faulty.

if it is true, we have to demand from Samsung to stop playing "kind enough to change it all. in fact, if it is the case Samsung should warn us to stop using all Note 7 immediately. As we are all at guaranteed risk, almost.

by the way, US authorities may finally get it right for the benefit of all users, including people outside of the US. US authorities raised an issue, that recall shall be (1) approved and coordinated with certification body (2) exact reasons of the recall should be reported, confirmed by the authorities.

in simple words, US authorities say what I was trying to say above - Samsung should openly and clearly explain the problem, explain how it is solved and such shall be confirmed by the authorities concerned with certification and safety of the devices. If the issue is severe - all the Notes 7 should be dumped immediately and taken from users.

but perhaps, Samsung does not want to do it, because if they do it properly, people will have to return Note7 back to the stores as soon as possible. but as new note 7 stocks are not available, people may just well get other devices and not wait for replacement.

As a customer, I do not feel recall and explanation of the issue by Samsung are managed properly. in fact, it seems they don't want to fully inform customers of the real issue.

I would really appreciate a comprehensive and clear answer by Samsung qualified engineer here, instead of posting the same meaningless explanations and press release quotes. If my post is going to be deleted, it is a sign for me and my family members to stop using Samsung devices.
3 Comments
Blinth
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I'm just not too comfortable with the idea of millions of devices with biometric data ( which can be retrieved from the hardware) being given to Samsung when you exchange your device for a new one. Just curious since Apple has made it clear it would never compromise on privacy issues.
0 Likes
MMP1
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
wait... all the data is removed from device when the device is factory reset. am I right?
0 Likes
Blade1
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
well you can hard reset it on the other hand - when people get new phones sooner or later they sell the old ones.
0 Likes