Original topic:

issue with the touch input

(Topic created on: 12-18-2018 09:44 PM)
iamchauhan
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Today evening I witnessed a huge problem with my galaxy note 9
To avoid accidental touch while having phone inside the pocket I have turned on the the touch input protection.
But when I took my phone out of the pocket
It behaved little differently and it worried me a lot
The thing was that the  touch was not responding, all my sensors were working, the navigation gestures were working fine, iris scanner was working fine, side buttons were working, but when I tried to turn it off by pressing ok screen was not responding.
I worried as it was already 8 in the evening and all the service centers were closed and my phone was not responding.
@Samsung should do something regarding these small issue I am attaching the screenshot of the screen when it was not responding. 

3b985ba6-2d68-4a1c-8b06-4e26e5240d0a.jpg

As you can see my screen lock is open and I am not able to click on the ok button. 
I tried to switch off the phone but is was not possible as you have to press the switch off option from from the other 3 options.
 Finally BIXBY button came to my help I asked him to power off my phone it worked and now the phone  is working fine.

But Samsung should take this as a serious issue as galaxy note is your flagship series and small error in these kind of smartphones can take your little of credibility which is degrading day by day.
7 Comments
shubh18
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
that's serious...but I think proximity sensor got some obstruction!!
0 Likes
iamchauhan
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
it was all clear I made sure that nothing is there on the proximity sensor I dont have screen guard or something which could obstract the sensor
0 Likes
GalS8
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
yaa
0 Likes
iamchauhan
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
no nothing was there
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
clean the top bezels
0 Likes
iamchauhan
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I did all the things but it was not working....🤔
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thank you for being with Samsung and sharing your concern. We would like to offer some troubleshooting steps to overcome the issue:
1) Reset the device settings by navigating to Settings >> General Management >> Reset >> Reset Settings.
2) Check the issue in Safe Mode.
Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you. For Further assistance, you can get in touch with us via Live Chat option by following- http://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/IN. You can also connect us via Samsung Members web community by following mentioned url-https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_IN#/
0 Likes