20 Comments
Tikunwengsu
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
nailed it
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Ultrasound fingerprint is the most reliable and durable method. Samsung even has Optical Fp scanner, but that is used only in mid-range devices.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
😂😂😂😂
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
fp is useless these days mine never works on my note 10 plus now how can you solve this also I don't have any screen over it 😂
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
it should die
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
don't just put blind trust on fingerprint scanner at all
COVID19
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
@Aashish when launched the ultrasonic fingerprint it had came with a bug by which the ultrasonic scanner used to scan the micro cracks and scratches on the screen guard not the actual fingerprint print and by some trick it can be unlocked by any one and later Samsung had issue warning regarding the bug...
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
That was specifically with silicon protectors and it was addressed with the next update.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
that's not a bug that's the fault with .. our traces on screen guard or cover on the screen gets scanned .
ultrasonic only advantage over other fingerprint scanner is that it doesn't take a photo of your fingerprint but scans you prints using ultrasonic sound.....- so you can use it even when phone is locked...

The best fingerprint scanner is Apple's iPhone fingerprint scanner which would only scan your finger only if blood flows in it ....it means you can't unlock it by killing a person. (unbiased opinion)
Samsung physical fingerprint scanner is also good but ultrasonic is a downgrade .