Original topic:

galaxy note 9 screen issue

(Topic created on: 09-22-2020 10:40 PM)
Tirion
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
After I installed the August 1, 2020 security patch TH4 update on August 30, 2020 a very disturbing screen issue occurred on my galaxy note 9. I can only use it at night when screen brightness is at the lowest level. When adjust brightness to medium the screen displays lines all over, can not operate, sometimes it turns completely dark with a green line on top. When adjust brightness to high level it shows yellow and lines all over the screen too. For two days now, I've tried some setting methods I found on Google, all failed. Now I going to backup data then try factory reset, not sure if it will work. I was planning to get a note 20 but, maybe not. My S8+ had screen problems, replaced screen assembly, it was expensive, I had to save my data. Fortunately I'm able to backup data from my note 9 this time, it still functioning well at the lowest brightness level. 
Anyone had the same problem? And how did you solve it? I don't want to pay for new screen assembly again.
0 Likes
4 Comments
Note9Lover
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
yes i am having the same issue. i thought my phone has this bug only.
0 Likes
bestperson
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
this issue happened to lots of users, the only way is a screen replacement or you can try downgrading back to the old version and see if it fixes the issue
0 Likes
yogdip
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
yes I also had same problem
gone to samsung gallery told to replace display Rs.20000.
go in setting darkmode & increase 100 brightness.
0 Likes
Yassarjsma
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I too face the same problem in Galaxy note 9. It started happening after August month security patch software update. I visited samsung service center, they checked and asked to wait for next update from Samsung. Hope Samsung solves immediately.
It is very disappointing, I'm using Samsung mobiles for past 10 years, never faced this kind of issue.
0 Likes