Original topic:

galaxy note 9 - horrific Samsung experience - worst service team

(Topic created on: 11-21-2019 10:14 AM)
ankitmittal
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Complaint written to Samsung team a month ago.

Wanted to know what corrective action has been taken by Samsung to avoid such disasters in future? What action has been taken against concerned service centre and employees involved?

Abstract from my complaint dated 10th October 2019.

IN REF: Samsung Note 9 mobile phone device – 128 GB Blue - (SM-N960FZBDINS), bearing serial # (RZ8K925XMVY),  Samsung Complaint reference No. - 8441209981

Complaint Summary – Over Charging for spare parts (selling spare parts in bundles) by authorized service centre, Delays in services provided, Defective services provided, defects appearing again after service, Multiple repairs due to negligence of authorized service centre, Un-approved/un-authorized custody of phone with service centre representative, scratches on display of Device due to mishandling by service centre team, excessive delay in replacement of phone.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

This is to bring it to your kind notice that I had purchased Samsung Note 9 mobile phone from your authorized seller namely  M/s Shivam Communication, Karnal for considerations of Rs.59000 vide your Invoice No SHV/19/1324 Dated 11th June 2019.  (Copy of Invoice is attached) (Mobile Phone is under full warranty)

Details of Complaint in chronological Order:

August 19, 2019 – August 20, 2019 - Over Charging for repairs by selling spare parts in bundles by Samsung Authorized  Service Centre On 19th August, 2019 I noticed that glass part over the camera lens of my Samsung note 9 mobile phone  i.e the camera glass was broken due to some unknown accident and remaining glass/ back panel was intact in perfect condition. I could not detect the reason of the said breakage. I visited your authorized service centre-1 (M/s Deep Associates) at Model Town Karnal and met a representative over there who informed me that the entire glass panel on the back of the phone will be replaced by the service centre. She further informed to me that although these two are separate parts but as per Samsung’s  policy they will replace the entire back panel only. During a telephonic conversation with your team member Samiya Khan it was told to me that replacing only the camera glass could cause quality/technical issues to the phone. But no clarification on what  and how with regards to technical//quality issue part was provided to me. Also Samsung team refused to provide their official  statement regarding technical/quality issue in writing or on mail. As confirmed from online sources including youtube.com and google.com also, camera glass and back panel are two different parts. Further as per online sources they can be changed  independently without the need to change the other part. Your team is cheating people through over-charging by selling the repair spare parts in bundles. Before handing over the phone for repairs, I had raised my concern in writing to support.india@samsung.com. Since 19th August, 2019 I have raised this matter several times, but it remains unaddressed from your side.  On  20th August 2019, I was charged Rs.3584 (copy of Invoice no DA02121 is attached) for repairs by authorized service centre – 1 M/s Deep Associates under Tracking number 4288965495 for the back panel. Since only the camera glass was broken and your team charged me for the entire back panel, I had had written a complaint to National Consumer Helpline bearing reference  number – 1562465 Dated 31st August 2019 and the same is also pending at your end.

August 21st, 2019 – Defective Services Provided / Other Defect appearing after service –
While repairing the phone under tracking number 4288965495 on August 20th 2019, your authorized service cente-1 (M/s Deep Associates) had left particles of glass/dust inside the phone which was visible from the camera glass. These were observed by me on 21st and I immediately informed your team regarding the same by sharing photographs over mail to  support.india@samsung.com and samiya.k@partner.samsung.com. Due to this careless and deficient services provided to me, I had requested your team to take the phone back and refund my purchase consideration back. However, you had refused for  refund assuring that your team will get the phone re-repaired soon and it will be in a perfect condition after the promised  repairs.  After repetitive mails, discussion over the phone and after much delay at your team’s end the phone was finally re-repaired on September 5th, 2019 (Service reference number – 4289992568). Repairs this time were done by M/s Sachdeva  Enterprises, Railway Road, Karnal (Authorized service centre – 2). It was also informed to me that camera of my phone has  been replaced due to some error. If some error was there, this should have been replaced at the time of original repairs on  20th August 2019 by M/s Deep Associates (Authorized Service Centre – 1). (Upon research over online sources it has been  found that Samsung note 9 camera suffers from a defect.  Many instances have been reported by individuals over online  platforms that their phone’s camera makes buzzing sound and has problem while focusing on distant objects through zooming.

September 6th, 2019 – Similar Defects Re-Appearing after Repair by Authorized Service Centre.
On September 6th, 2019 I noticed that your authorized service centre-2 (M/s Sachdeva Enterprises, Railway Road, Karnal) had again left some particles inside the phone while doing previous repairs, which could be seen through camera lens. I intimated  this to your team on 6th September, 2019 through mail to support.india@samsung.com and Samiya.k@partner.samsung.com.  Photographs of the defect were also shared with these email Ids. Defective services provided by Samsung team was causing anxiety to me and I had requested for refund of the phone. Your team asked me to let them collect my phone once again for their investigation. Phone was again collected from me by a representative of Authorized Service Centre-2 (M/s Sachdeva Enterprises) on September 10th, 2019 at approx 2 p.m that day after a delay of 1 day from the committed day. While collecting the  phone on September 10th, 2019 no job sheet was shared with me. The representative informed to me that he forgot to bring  the print of job sheet and will share the job sheet in the evening on the same day (Even after follow ups from Samiya.k@partner.samsung.com on 13th September 2019, job sheet was not shared with me before 14th September 2019). It was informed to me that a Samsung engineer would do some investigation of the phone and its result will decide that whether refund can be given or not.  On September 11th, 2019 It was informed to me that you will not be able to refund and they can only repair the phone again. As per your team they needed to replace the back cover again for proper functioning of the phone. I got irritated by  Samsung team’s repetitive negligence and requested refund. However your team did not approve the refund and since I had  paid hard earned Rs.59k to buy the phone, I had no choice but to agree for the repair again. This was the 2nd repair of the  phone due to your team’s negligence and improper services provided to me. Authorized service centre-2  M/s Sachdeva  Enterprises, Railway Road, Karnal re-repaired the phone under reference number – 4290301929. (screen-shot of Service/Repair history of phone is attached).

September 10th, 2019 – Un-approved collection and possession of phone by Authorized Service Centre (Breach of trust and Customer’s data security) –
On 9th September your team had requested me on e-mail (screenshot of mail from samiya.k@partner.samsung.com is attached), to let them pick up the phone for investigation to decide the solution that could be provided by you. The mobile phone was picked from my office by representative of authorized service centre – 2 (M/s Sachdeva Enterprises) on 10th September 2019 at approx 1400 Hrs. The person who had collected the phone from me was not carrying any job sheet, so no acknowledgement of pickup was provided to me. He informed to me that he forgot to bring the printout and will share the job sheet in the evening on the same day (however this was not shared with me before 14th September 2019). I had sent a mail to your team with photograph of person collecting the phone at approx 1500 hrs on 10th September 2019. I had shared that mail with the photograph of the person collecting the phone to document the time of collection, person collecting the phone, that the matter/complaint has been explained to him and to document the physical condition of the phone at the time of collection.
All this had to be documented through mail since your team member was not carrying a job sheet, which as per process should contain all the above mentioned details (i.e. time of collection, person collecting the phone, that the matter/complaint has been explained to him and to document the physical condition of the phone at the time of collection) along with signatures of the  customer i.e me and service provider i.e. authorized service center in this case. As stated above phone was collected from me at approx 1400 Hrs on 10th September, 2019. However, as per acknowledgement of job sheet (shared with me on  14th September 2019) time of appointment is mentioned as 1622 Hrs. As confirmed from Mr Prashant Kumar of your technical  team over a call to your helpline, appointment time in job sheet means the time when your team meets the customer to pick up the device in question. Hence it clearly exposes the bad intentions of your team and the service centre as phone was collected from me at 2.00 pm and reported appointment time with customer is 4.22 pm as per job sheet. Service centre representative  was having non-documented possession of my phone for more than 2 hours. I had given custody of my phone to the said representative based on Samiya Khan’s mail conversation dated (9th September 2019) and two calls from Mr Hemant
(+91-9896029753) of M/s Sachdeva Enterprises (authorized Service Centre-2). Samiya Khan of Samsung along with authorized  service centre-1 conspired and took un-approved  custody of my phone to service centre representative. This malafide  act of your team had exposed me to following risks:
1. they could access my sensitive personal data during this period or
2. they could use the phone for personal purposes or
3. they could change the physical condition/spare parts of the phone to alter your decision/finding of investigations by  Samsung Engineer or
4. they could change the original parts of the phone with the old/grey market or used products.
(Screenshots of all written e-mail communications are attached herewith, snapshot of acknowledgement of job sheet that was provided to me on 14th Feb 2019 is also attached.)

September 14th, 2019 – Mishandling of mobile phone while repairs –
The Samsung team approached me to return the mobile phone after repair number 4290301929 on September 14th, 2019.  Before signing the acknowledgement I asked them to let me check the phone thoroughly. While inspecting the phone I  observed many scratches/marks on the screen. These scratches were shown to Mr Hemant (representative of the authorised  service centre) in the presence of the person who had collected the phone from me. The person who had collected the phone  from me admitted that these scratches were not detected at the time of collection. Job sheet that should have been given to me on 10th September 2019 at the time of collection of phone was shared with me on 14th September 2019 at the time they had  come to my home to hand-over the phone post repairs. I had clearly mentioned over the said job sheet, that  no scratches/dents etc were present on the phone when it was collected from me. I did not take the custody of the phone as I  was not ok to collect a phone with multiple scratches over the screen. This deficiency in phone/service was immediately  highlighted to your team through mails to support.india@samsung.com and  samiya.k@partner.samsung.com. As can be  observed and understood from the above incidents reported by me, the phone was opened/repaired by Samsung team/authorized service centers several times due to their own negligence/prior deficient services. These scratches on the screen were the result of multiple repairs/investigation done by Samsung team.

(Replacement mobile phone was provided to me by yourself on 10th October 2019While collecting the replacement mobile device from authorized service centre on 10th October 2019, I have signed the letter of
settlement with regards to this complaint dated 14.09.2019)

September 19th, 2019 – October 10th, 2019 - Delay in Replacement of phone  with a new one:
Through e-mail I had intimated your team regarding the scratches over the screen of the phone as mentioned above on 14th  September 2019. After regular follow ups and after much delay it was informed to me by your team’s Samiya Khan that a new  phone will be given to me in replacement of the old one. As per telephonic discussion with Samiya Khan on 19th September a  replacement phone was to be provided with in 5-6 days (Call recording is available). However after repetitive follow ups,  constant excuses were provided by your team for delay in delivery of the replacement phone. As against the 5-6 days period informed on 19th September 2019, on 30th September 2019 I received a phone call from Mr Kapil from Samsung’s team and he  informed to me that the your replacement phone has been approved will be delivered to Samsung Authorized Service Centre  namely M/s Sachdeva Enterprises within next 3-5 days. If replacement was approved on 30th September then Samiya Khan  should not have informed me on 19th September that replacement phone will be provided in next 5-6 days. Delivery of replacement got more delayed even after call from Mr Kapil. While following up regarding the dispatch of the replacement phone it was informed to me by your customer care team that replacement was approved on 1st October as per system and replacement will take 7 days. On a follow up call with your team’s Samiya Khan on 1st October 2019, excuses like month-end busyness, non-availability of stock in warehouse were cited as the reason of delay. However, after regular follow ups with your team replacement phone was finally delivered to me on October 10th 2019. 

5 Comments
KavUtk
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
this happens as theywith every Samsung customer no matter what devise you have
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
which part your are talking about
0 Likes
ash5230
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Worst ever smartphone manufacturer.they Just follow their service centre's line they think the customer is a liar and their service center people are harishchandra की aulad. So no point in banging your head next time don't buy any Samsung handset. That will be a befitting reply to these bastards.
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi there,

We really apologies for the inconvenience which you are facing in your premium device.

We would request you to kindly register your concern in Samsung members app in 'Ask question' section and our respective team will surely assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Team Samsung Members

0 Likes
Anshumanmohta
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
similar thing has happened with me. my spotless phone galaxy note 20 ultra went into water for few seconds and died. the back of the phone opened up completely and you can see that the glue inside was barely there. it's like the manufacturing defect was always there, but I only saw it once it went into water
0 Likes