Original topic:

YouTube for Android now giving 4K playback option even if don't have a 4K screen

(Topic created on: 02-20-2021 09:37 PM)
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
"YouTube for Android now giving 4K playback option even if don't have a 4K screen - GSMArena.com news" https://m.gsmarena.com/youtube_for_android_showing_4k_playback_option_for_some_users-amp-47842.php

Source gsmarena
6 Comments
Galaxy Note
But that would be a waste of data and battery without any real effect. A screen can display to its Max resolution, no matter what the original video size is. Youtube should focus more on 2K playback rather than focusing on 4K playback as of now.
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
come on. You cannot go back to stone age when digital world is progressing. all phones are not 2k. So youtube has done right by considering for all makes and models. most of the high end phones are able to see 4k and now you have the HDR +. in fact it is a great step by YouTube. As for data, battery, its all subjective so its not same for all. Cheers🤪🤪
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
How many screens currently use 4K resolution? True 4K I mean? not upscaled or HDR. and HDR is another discussion. I just wanna see Youtube polishing 2K playback as many devicez with 2K native playback support at times jitters when playing content.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
And I myself faced this problem, that's why I'm talking out of my own experience.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
There's no good wasting bandwidth on something which isn't supposed to work out at the very first place. You can't simply play 4K on a 1080p screen or on a 2K screen. It may seem the content is playing at that resolution but it's not actually the case.
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
ok thats your opinion maybe others have a different view totally