Original topic:

Why can't I completely disable UC News page in Samsung Internet on Note 8?

(Topic created on: 11-23-2017 01:47 PM)
Lauki
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy Note
We land up in the UC news page when we open up your internet browser- ‘Samsung Internet’. Just swiping your finger from left to right gets you to the quick access or the homepage you must have set.
But, why can't we completely disable or get rid if the same. Why do you need to promote your rival UC via your own Samsung Internet browser. UC news is quite annoying and we need a solution to disable or eliminate the same. Request your support.
8 Comments
vishdemon
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
me too have some issue
0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Hope they will remove this.
0 Likes
Snjy
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Open Internet then settings > homepage > other > write this place your any website you want always show replace uc news
0 Likes
Lauki
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
That's great, but what if I need the default quick access as homepage and swiping to the left should not take me to UC news?
Snjy
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I think quick access default website is uc news....this is very bad!
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thanks for being with Samsung and sharing your concern. We would like to inform you that please uninstall the US browser from your device and clear data of Samsung internet. Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you.
0 Likes
Lauki
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
we haven't installed UC browser. It automatically appears in Samsung Internet. Samsung should provide an update to the browser sorting this issue.
0 Likes
Lauki
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Could you bother to reply and provide a solution Mr. Admin (Samsung). We all are awaiting a fix for this.