Original topic:

Vertical Green Line on my Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 10:08 AM)
safzath
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi,

i am using Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G for more than 1 and half a year.
I recently got One UI 4.1 update and then after updated. My phone got Green vertical line on the screen without any physical or liquid damage occurred.

I went to Samsung Service Centre and they checked my device and saying i have to replace the display. Which will cost the same amount of buying a new same model.

Please kindly advice me what should i do for it ?
23 Comments
Nicholraveen
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Go to the nearest customer service center and replace the display
safzath
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Bro, it was caused no any physical damage and the line was just occurred.

I read here and there that it was specially after a software update.

And replacement cost is equal to buying a new Note 20 Ultra 😪
greenbird
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Brother  im currently on LEGALLY  FOR  NOTE 20 ultra  Replacement over GREENLINE issue @FREE OF COST

EVERY ONE can get it's result.

Mail me -   greenbird07@gmail.com

With photos or videos of device

name

Place

contact number.  

0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy Note
Hi there! Very sorry to hear about your phone. This is a hardware issue and no software solution will be able to rectify it. The solution to completely get rid of the lines would be to replace the display and it will cost a huge amount especially considering the economic crisis the country is in currently.

My personal piece of advise would be to use the phone as it is and only replace the display if it is unbearable. Unless you have the finances and the means to do so.

In the mean time, if the display seems to be getting worse, make sure to back up your data, just in case the entire display suddenly decides to stop working.

I know this is not the ideal solution, but its the best at the moment. I hope this helps you.
If my comment helped you in any way, please consider hitting the 3 dot menu and accepting my answer as a solution.

Thanks 😊 😊
safzath
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thanks dude. But the Samsung has to be sensible in this matter.

Lot of users of Exynos devices facing this issue.

They simply telling us hardware fault and replace it.
But problem basically not occurred by users at all.
Solution
Galaxy Note
The thing is, Samsung will act the moment the device is within warranty. But i do agree that they need to provide some compensation or a viable solution for the display issue. I know Samsung in other countries give better help to their consumers.

With that being said , samsung is struggling over here with the exorbitant taxes and lack of dollars to cope with people's issues. I really hope some solution will open up for ur issue.

Yours is the first Note 20 ultra i read about to have a green screen issue. All this time we only had reports of S20 series phones suffering this fate. Hoping for the best!
fsj1962
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

i just have same problem on the Note 20 Ultra. Phone less than 2 years old.

sunandtk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

My phone also started showing a similar issue. one green vertical line on the display suddenly appeared. As advised by Samsung customer care, I tried to remove it by going into safe mode. But nothing happened.  

Amber1234
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Yess, i am holding a note 20 ultra as well . Facing the same problem as you . The service centre says there is no issue with the note 20 ultra ,which i doubt so . I guess the note 20 has less users thats why we are a small community compared to the s20 series