Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Use two live-sync'd-cloned devices

(Topic created on: 11-16-2022 08:19 AM)
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Is there a way to have a 100% sync and clone of two devices that can run and sync simultaneously and use all the same apps and accounts?

I want to run 2 cloneď/ mirrored/synced devices simultaneously and logged in to the same accounts, sharing/syncing the same info. 
For more clarity, if the devices were both switched on and next to each other: 
1. if a call came in they would both ring. this is a network feature. 
2. if a whatsapp or text or email etc came it would update on both devices. 
3. if i sent a text/whatsapp/email etc or made a call from one, it would sync on the other 
4. at any time i should be able to pick up either device and the contents would be exactly the same as the other. 
5. all the same apps, linked to all the same accounts, and all the data and history etc all perfectly synced. 
to try answer my own question: 
whatsapp, email, and google browser, google drive, one drive etc should all sync. i am however not sure about regular apps that require logins, whether they would sync info or whether they could even handle running two simultaneous instances on different devices…. 
who out there is knowledgeable enough to know the answer or establish a solution….? 
i believe it is a function that would serve many people well. our phone do many things better than pc’s especially in terms of processing and distribution information. as a result we want to do more and more stuff through our phones. this results in high physical traffic on our phones which get interrupted by calls and other tasks. plus we are trying to do so much on a small screen. a solution would be to have a Samsung S8 ultra tablet as a fully synchronized clone “desktop version” of your phone that can do all the heavy lifting and leave your phone free for other tasks, BUT both devices are 100% synced so wherever you are with your phone you still have all the info. 
why does link to pc and dex not solve this issue….: because it still require your phone to do all the heavy lifting, and a mouse is not the optimal interface for mobile. you still want to use your hands… 

19 Comments
M2NGWA
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
WhatsApp is working on a companion mode so you'll able to do so naturally.

The continuity function is available for calls, emails and apps. If you enable autosync on both devices then it updates all the information In the apps at the same time.

It exists but you need a companion device like a tablet . It happens like that on my tablet and phones.
0 Likes
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the reply. How do I do this? I have a note 10+. Can I get any similar phone or tablet, say a tab s8 and setup companion/continuity function...? I've never seen these settings. Will it sync all apps and app data etc as well so that it's a 100% clone...? So I could swap between devices and they will always have the same data and setup...? If I lost one, the other would be immediately identical...?
0 Likes
M2NGWA
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
You can buy a Tab S8 and activate Call&Text function for the calling and texting function. Then you can use the Smart Switch to copy the apps and files you have on your phone to your tablet. You will have to login into the apps on the tablet and that will keep it synced between the devices since its a cloud service, like your emails, google drive etc via auto sync or when you are connected to a network it will update it on both devices. Between my phones it happens like that because i have the same apps and the information is the same on it. Calls and whatsapp are not the same since they are different numbers. You dont have to have the same settings but as long as you are signed in on all your devices and keep them synced via auto sync from time to time
0 Likes
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks!! But do all apps allow you to run multiple/two instances simultaneously...

Eg WhatsApp app won't allow that expect for WhatsApp Web like you said, but I wonder how many other apps will allow it...
Email syncs no problem. I think the next most important is my dialer. I use Callapp.
0 Likes
M2NGWA
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
you cant on the same device so but you can open the apps at the same time on different devices with auto sync it will update same time

0 Likes
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Sounds like it might be doable then... 😁
0 Likes
M2NGWA
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
for whatsapp you will have to link it with your phone via whatsapp web until the companion mode is available
0 Likes
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I don't know what's going on here. There is a notice of your comment "I don't think so", but I can't find it in the thread and not sure what it refers to....
If I could, I would send you a screenshot.
0 Likes
M2NGWA
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
I edited the comment because I tried to run 2 instances of the app and couldnt
0 Likes