Original topic:

Unusual Battery Drain Problem in my Galaxy Note 8

(Topic created on: 05-14-2019 08:37 AM)
ebincj
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

I have a galaxy note 8 updated to the android pie with latest April 19 security patch update. I used to get a good battery backup like around 24 to 25 hrs. Mobile data is 4g+ and I use facebook and youtube a lot as well even though I get a fair amount of battery backup in optimized power mode. 

But for the past 1 week, I get a with the same amount of usage and settings as before, I am getting only a 15 to 18 hours of battery back up.

I tried clearing the cash memory, uninstalled some unused apps and tried device care app, etc. but still the same problem persists.

Can anyone help me with this and does anyone have the same issue as me?

Someone, please help :)

0 Likes
9 Comments
Galaxy Note
The cellphone batteries will wear over time. Get your battery replaced.
0 Likes
ebincj
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
but my phone is only less than a year old.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I had a note 4, the battery got damaged twice within the warranty period. Average life cycle of a cellphone battery is around 400 to 500 charging cycle. It varies upon how you charge and use your device.
It's suggested by experts that the optimal charging limit for a battery is upto max 70 percent of its capacity and should be charged again before its gets down to 40%. Charging phone overnight can also reduce the lifecycle of a cell.
ebincj
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
thank you mittu, i will try replacing it...
0 Likes
starmoon
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
by formatting the phone there is a chance that your phone will improve in battery back up time if not then wait for next update as Samsung will release fix for it but remember to back up your data before formatting
Obed
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
actualizen el s7 edge asi como lo estan haciendo con el note 7 porfavor, es un dispositivo que vendio mucho y tiene aun vida util
0 Likes
nvfl
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
i have also the same problem after Updating pie
0 Likes
ebincj
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
but it happened to me after the april security patch update for android pie
0 Likes
RABer
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I downloaded accubattery to monitor my battery stats. I am down to 2,700mah health, so a loss of over 600mah, which is significant in a device with just 3,300mah.

I have had the phone for 18 months, so I will probably upgrade rather than fix the battery.

I initially thought it was just a few rogue background apps, however after updating to pie it got noticeably worse. Check your background apps first before doing anything.