Original topic:

[UPDATE] Upgrading to Galaxy Note 20 Ultra worth it?

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 03:28 PM)
saarang007
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note
(Scroll down for the 'update')

Hello dear Galaxy users,

Just wanted a honest feedback. It's not like I'll upgrade immediately, maybe in a few months...I am in no hurry. But wanted real-life experience from actual users.

Is it worth upgrading to Galaxy Note 20 Ultra from Galaxy Note 8?

I've been using my Note 8 since Oct. 2017 and it is still functioning good and in perfect condition. But as you know, it will no longer receive new updates and features and it's showing its age in terms of battery life and day-to-day general smoothness.
Overall perfomance is still pretty good though.

Has any of you upgraded to Galaxy Note 20 Ultra? What is your experience? 
I've heard that adaptive 120Hz makes everyday user experience pretty smooth, is it true?
How is it holding up after a few months, any heating issues?

I'm a Note user and I do use S Pen features so I can upgrade only to a newer Galaxy Note phone and not any other. So please don't suggest to upgrade (downgrade) to OnePlus, Xiaomi, etc. I don't like those at all. Only Galaxy Note device.

And using a smartphone for 4 years (2017-2021) is a pretty good span I guess, as compared to the rate at which many people change their smartphones 😬
Obviously I plan to use the new smartphone for the next 4 or more years😁😎 I don't like to change smartphones frequently.

(Hence it should have future-proof features like 5G, 120 Hz, best camera, pretty good battery, etc. which Note 20 Ultra has).

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE

Just an update on my previous post....
Please 'note' that I got this amazing device for ₹70k during the current huge price drop! It's been a great experience, using for a week now 😃
(Had to go with Exynos because Snapdragon version was still 95K and warranty was not covered there. Too risky.)

I really did not find any issue of battery, heat yet. I don't play heavy games like PUBG, COD etc. at all. In fact, I do not play any mobile game for longer hours.
So for me, casual gaming performance is just amazing.

I upgraded from a 4-year old Note 8 so the overall performance gain is huge for me! Camera is just awesome!!

I was never going to pay 1 lakh for a phone so I'm glad I was patient for this huge price drop...this is the best price I think for Note 20 Ultra 😎

The only problem: Now it is a pain to see a 60 Hz mobile phone display after experiencing 120 Hz 😂
It's just amazing!

Thank you everyone for your valuable insights!!

25 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Note 20 Ultra is a great device, you can go for it! Or you can buy S21 Ultra and can use your Note 8 pen for S21.
saarang007
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Hmm, but then I'll need to place the S Pen carefully in S21 phone case or something and try not to lose it 😬
Thanks for commenting!
Galaxy Note
I would recommend to go with s21 ultra. But as you said you are not in hurry, i think best to wait for note 21 series or any upcoming note series.
saarang007
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Hmm, this thought did cross my mind (of waiting for Note 21) but the cost would be definitely around 1.2L or something. I am hoping to keep the cost below 1L for a smartphone 🙂 Note 20 Ultra 5G is now below that limit it seems (12 GB RAM 256 GB storage model)
And let's hope it further drops down a little bit when Note 21 launches 😉
Galaxy Note
Yeah bro 🙂
You are right.
Grab note 20 ultra when price drop.
0 Likes
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Yeah you can go for it. One of my friends uses it and he is well satisfied. Though if budget is an issue, I would recommend to continue using your note 8 for a while since you said it's pretty functional. When the next note lineup comes or any sale happens(Independence, Diwali), price of note 20 ultra will fall significantly and you can get a good deal.
saarang007
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Correct! Thank you 👍🏻
sarfarazahmed
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I would suggest to wait some more time till next note is launched
Galaxy Note
I am a satisfied Note 20 ultra user. I haven't used note 8 so can't tell you the differences. However, since you are going to buy a note I would say Hold for a little while and buy the next note. I was going to do that but situation became so urgent that I had to buy Note20 Ultra this year. As a Note user I would never suggest you to buy S series and deprive yourself of the boxier look that note can give. I also use the S pen and it is very important to me.