Original topic:

Terrible battery backup on Samsung phones

(Topic created on: 01-22-2021 09:08 PM)
Lifehacker
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note
I used to get 6-8 hours of screen on time easily when my Note 10+ was new. With each update the battery backup has reduced so much and now I get only 4 hours of screen on time. I have enabled/disabled all possible settings to save battery life.

It's such a shame that within 1 year, battery backup has reduced almost half. I checked the battery health and it is at 86%. All these flashy phones they launch, but after 1 year they'll all suck. This is the truth about samsung phones.

8 Comments
rojon
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Completely agree. This happened for me too but after 6 months from the launch of the device (S10 Lite). I always wanted to buy a flagship grade processor and cameras. Now that I have bought it...I really don't think it's worth paying so much especially with Samsung slowing down phones and decreasing the battery life. The screen on time it shows in the app is wrong too if you do the math. Its taking even the standby time as screen on time and fooling customers. I am never buying a flagship phone from Samsung ever again. Not really worth it. Pretty sure this will be the case for S21 an year from now.
Lifehacker
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Yeah true. I also will never buy any samsung phone again. They are just concerned about selling new phones, they don't care about supporting older phones well.
rojon
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Very true
0 Likes
rojon
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Samsung keeps the phone at the best condition possible till all the YouTube reviews are complete and then they start fooling customers. Frustrated.
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Haha. Very true 👍. Battery performance is the weakest point of Samsung devices.
I just get half day of charge. gives me total usage SOT of 3.5 hours almost. So most of the time I have to locate the wireless pad to charge my Note 9 . I dont think 2 yrs should dilapidate the battery, but it seems every update reduces battery performance 🤔. Now will use it till it dies even at the cost of plugging it to the charger.
Lifehacker
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Did you try getting the battery changed ? Would that help in anyway after 1 or 2 years ?
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I want to get the battery replaced. maybe I will soon.
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes