Original topic:

Super fast battery drain on Note 10+ post One UI 4.0 update

(Topic created on: 01-13-2022 01:48 PM)
tanyrug2525
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I updated my phone to one ui 4.0 last night (12/01) and had full charge when I slept, woke up with 74% charge(barring alarms) but now it's 12:20pm on 13th and with minimal usage it's on 21%. There seems to be a huge battery issue with the new update. Anyone else feeling the same? I would like to add that my phone is active since September 2019 but I have reservations with the battery replacement since it's about 9k on the Samsung site

19 Comments
tanyrug2525
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Will do man. Thank you for the help.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
👍👍👍. I love helping people
MDKaif230
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Yes, this is the issue I am facing.. But don't worry, enjoy the update.. You don't have to buy a new battery. It is software related issue and will be fixed by next update hopefully!
0 Likes
tanyrug2525
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hey thanks man! Hopefully they come up with a patch asap🥲
0 Likes
Manojtomer
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
No such battery issue in my Samsung galaxy note 10 plus
0 Likes
tanyrug2525
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Update: Initial changes have been made. I reset my settings and wiped cache. Phone was removed off charge at 7:25am. At 8:33 I'm at 89% with minimal to no usage while also having a stint of charge in my car. Let's see how long it lasts. I'll be willing to drain it completely. Let's see how much it lasts
0 Likes
tanyrug2525
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Final update: I did a factory reset day before yesterday and also did a battery stats reset via imei code and i see a considerable improvement. Last charged my phone fully at 1:30am and had a 6 hour ICU shift with 2 and a half hours of screen off time and at 8:30 it is at 75%.
So needless to say it kinda works. Although will look for methods to improve battery life even further.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-optimise-and-extend-the-battery-life-on-...

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Shaan1309
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I am having the same issue with my note 10 plus.. after Android 12 update. My phone's Battery is draining very fast. Can anyone help on how to fix this.
0 Likes
MacBenz29
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I figured this is due to the software update. I hope this gets fixed fast.

Charged my phone all night to full, used it for 20 minutes its at 90% **bleep** hell as soon as I remove it from the charger and look at it it's already at 99% lol

Slightly frustrated :)

0 Likes