Highlighted
Active Level 3
Hello all, 

I found a way to avoid yellow display ( display distortion when changing brightness) isssue

Please follow belows stpes.

1. When your display is working fine open settings.
2. Go to Lock screen option.
3. Click on Always on display.
4. Select Home button and lock screen, show always option, and enable auto brightness.

This will avoid mentioned issue.
Note : If your phone always show yellow lights and you want to make it normal, just put your phone in Freezer (For 30 sec - 1min). It will make it colder and your display will work normal then follow above mentioned steps.

One suggestion At night Turn of AOD or Turn of your device to avoid any other issues like display burn.

Hope this will work for you guys also.

Thanks
15 Comments
Highlighted
Expert Level 5
if you switched on AOD as show allaways then may be yellowish display issue will gone but in future device will suffer more dangerous issue called display burn in issue.....and maximum s9 note 9 users suffered it before by switching on AOD as show allaways option
Highlighted
Active Level 3
I am doing this every day, and in night i turn off AOD. As of now i found only this way to avoid this issue. If you have any other way, it will be appreciable.
Highlighted
Expert Level 5
may be next security patch solve that...but I recommend not to use Aod as allaways show..because if bychance display burn occurred then only possible way is change whole display for s amoled screens...no other option
Highlighted
Active Level 5
hi bro.... its not working for my phone i have followed all the steps wat u told...

PS. waiting for next update
Highlighted
Active Level 3
Did you followed this stpes when your display was working properly..I mean you follow this when you have yellow display then It wont work.
Highlighted
Active Level 5
i followed the steps when my display was working properly
Highlighted
Active Level 5
hello @titan3 bruh, I don't understand the logic of keeping phone in freezer in order to revive it from that yellow thing. If that yellowish thing stays even if we changed those aod settings and all. Then the problem is with display na? So is that the reason for keeping phone in freezer ? Just enquiring !!
Also, Since every phone (like all s9+ series) are getting the same update. so any bug like that yellowish thing should be shown by every phone who has taken the update. how come only some of them show the issue while others doesn't have any problem? Thankfully
Highlighted
Active Level 3
I know its its kinda weird, but i accidentally found this. Once after playing PUBG my phone was too hot, i just put it in freezer for some time time and after that display worked properly. If i again turn off display yellow lights issue once again will be there. I tried many times.
First i thought there is issue with my display, i found that so many users are facing this issue after update. So i think there is no issue in display.
Highlighted
Please don't keep your phone in freezer. It's dangerous.