Original topic:

Smart View Lag

(Topic created on: 04-26-2020 11:30 AM)
mrankeet
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Whenever I cast videos from my Note 10+  to my smart TV, the video lags and scratches occur and video and sound breaks repeatedly (just like in the old cd players). No other Devices(One plus, Xiaomi) in my home has this problem.
P. S. My old S10+ also had the same problem.
I looked for help everywhere and seems like I have to switch to another mobile brand. 
If anyone has a solution please help. 
I hope I have explained the problem properly. 
28 Comments
joeliang
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

In order to get a good mobile  mirror screen experience, I specially selected that both the mobile phone and the TV are Samsung brands. The same mobile phone s10+ and Samsung TV Q70, mirror screen using smartview three months ago was very smooth and there was no delay. But in the past few months, it has been stuck, every ten seconds. And restarting the wireless network, mobile phone, and TV can't solve it.

0 Likes
Yeah_thatguy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I've got an expensive Samsung TV and the new fold, my smart view was working fine until the last update and now it keeps lagging. It's def not the phone or the TV's fault as Samsung keeps trying to tell people. How about you try to fix it instead of telling people with with a variety of different devices that they're all having the same issue. I've got fiber internet and amazing speeds, a high end TV and this $1000 phone so tell me how it's my device or my internet? We need a solution not blame. 

0 Likes
Galaxy Note

I suggest you guys to try putting the video Quality lower then the video might not lag if it's 1080p try putting it to 480p or 720p.

0 Likes
NagarajGK
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
After I connected my M31 and TV with 5 GHz WiFi connection, there is no lag. So, you need 5 GHz support WiFi router. So, the reason is it's trying cast high quality video stream or it's not using video compression techniques. Whatever it's work well.

Configure your hotspot mode to 5 GHz and try.
0 Likes
dpscience
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

None of these answers work. Samsung Galaxy 7 using Smartview to mirror to a Samsung TV via 5G wifi.  The phone receives streaming video fine but can't cast it to the TV fast enough. Lots of video and sound glitches and missing content. Unwatchable. I suspect Smartview is the issue, but haven't found any alternatives that are better. Samsung??? Where are you?

0 Likes
CheloPez
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Well I just realized that the lags start as soon as the screens of my devices (Tab S6 and S22 Ultra) go to dark. Just turn on the option of preventing the screen go to dark in the samrt view settings and the lags should stop... or at least be reduce like 90%.

0 Likes
mmmiller60
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

The solution

Settings > connections > wifi > 3dots > intelligent wifi > prioritize real-time data OFF

...And you're welcome!!!!!!

0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same and please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

1: Turn off your mobile and your Smart TV for 30 seconds turn it back on and test if it fixes the issue.

2: To connect your device with a TV, follow the below steps:

Swipe down the Notification panel >> Select smart view option >> Enable Smart view >> Select the desired device >> Tap to connect TV model no. >> Notification bar will appear on the TV screen and select Allow to give permission to connect your device >> The phone is connected with the TV.

3: Both devices do not have screen mirroring switched on. You need to have the mirroring connection to be open on both your smartphone/tablet and the TV for the mirroring to work correctly.

4: If the issue still persists then kindly try the below-mentioned step to overcoming the issue-

Step 1. Enable Bluetooth and Wi-fi during connectivity.
Step 2. Settings >> Tap on Apps >> Tap on More (Three dots) >> Tap on Show system apps >> Search Smart view app >> Tap on Storage >> Tap on Clear data.
Step 3. Ensure your device and TV must be closed.
Step 4. Check Wi-Fi connectivity. Internet speed must be good.
Step 5. Go to setting >> General management >> Reset >> Setting Network Reset.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to us.
Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support.

0 Likes
TylerRat
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I tried everything and this finally fixed it

1. Reset the Network settings of your device to Reset go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset settings > Reset network settings.

0 Likes