Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Signature for Email

(Topic created on: 06-30-2020 05:42 AM)
Blommie
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
I've got the same email address on my laptop and Galaxy Note 10 Plus. The signature on the laptop is in single spacing. I then sent an email from the laptop to the Note 10, but the signature is now in double spacing. How do I change it to single spacing? 
7 Comments
2Pae
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I don't think you can change that, unless you go delete the line yourself before sending an email
0 Likes
Blommie
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hi 2Pae, the cursor won't allow me to delete the line.
0 Likes
2Pae
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Try spacing backwards from the signature to the beginning of line then press delete.
0 Likes
Solution
AndroidAuto
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
go to your email settings, then select signature then edit your signature design
0 Likes
Blommie
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hi AndroidAuto, signature does not appear under my email settings
0 Likes
Rörd
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Why is that marked as solution? The question wasn't how to edit the signature in general, but how to specifically edit it to have single-spaced line breaks.

Btw., I know I think why this problem occurs. The signature editor is probably an HTML editor, and is inserting paragraph breaks (i.e. <p> tags) when pressing the enter key. So the solution would be a way to make it enter line breaks (i.e. <br> tags) instead.

0 Likes
AndroidAuto
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
use this email app shown. open the app, select the gear icon, then select the email account you want to add a signature to. then scroll down to the signature option and edit your signature
0 Likes