Original topic:

Screen recording during a call - Audio not working

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 05:27 PM)
MPas
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

Hello!

I'm trying to record my screen during a call, but when I start the call the audio stops recording. After I hang up the call, recording works again.

Here's a video to show what I mean:
drive.google.com/file/d/1PdMaGj5fvpBCd2MzJYLZuUFth_ojonhe/view

My Device:
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N986B/DS

What I've tried:
Clearing the cache partition
Using samsungs screen recording
Using other third parties screen recording apps

How can I solve this?

6 Comments
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Clear the cache of the recording app and try
0 Likes
MPas
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I tried it, still same problem 😕

0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
MPas
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I posted there and got the following reply:
"It is not possible for a few reasons, major reasons are one it is not legal to record a phone call without the other one accept its and android doesn't allow it by Google who made it clear in a statement. Second reason is that when you record a video it doesnt know what to record either the call or the surrounding of the video 

So its a limitation that you wont be able to do this officially unfortunately."

So how do I resolve this unofficially? Because there must be some way, im guessing...

0 Likes
MPas
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Is it possible to solve this unofficially?

0 Likes
josal
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

@MPas I have the same issue really. Unfortunately, that is how Samsung answering people because this is not a legal issue. It is a screen recording, not a call recording. It will still be different from call recording and it needs its own legal term. The issue is from the phone itself because I bought an old LG phone. I install Android 11 on it and it could do the job perfectly. But then I fall into a storage issue. So the solution is to buy another phone, choose it with large storage wipe it and install Android 11 and do the conference you want to record from that phone. and don't think about using the micro-sd because it doesn't work. you need very high writing speed which can make the SD card very expensive.  

0 Likes