Original topic:

Samsung scam_Samsung galaxy note 9 display breakdown due to software update

(Topic created on: 10-27-2020 05:08 PM)
Abhijithyd
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

I purchased Galaxy Note 9 (International version) while at USA in August 2019 9via Amazon). I am currently located in India. Recently after some security patch update by Samsung, my device screen is showing some problem. The screen color turns yellowish/greenish with horizontal lines, particularly in medium to high brightness. I visited Samsung service center at Hyderabad, India. They mentioned that the issue is due to software update with wi-fi connection, and may be because of unstable wi-fi connection, the screen got damaged. They also mentioned that I have to change the screen which will cost around 17k Indian currency, and the even after the display change there won't be any warranty. This is so annoying. Why should I pay that much money to change the display when it is Samsung's faulty software update that damaged the screen. It is better to switch to some other brand other this Samsung scam.

18 Comments
Galaxy Note
This is not your fault
it happens because of company software updation
I think you must go to Consumer Court
Abusaleh77
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
bro they fix this issue for free, i am also facing this issue a month ago
0 Likes
Abhijithyd
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
What's the procedure to get it serviced for free?
0 Likes
YRSS
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I think whose device is under warranty would get free replacement
0 Likes
YRSS
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
same issue is faced by me since a month on my note 9 and when you visit service center they ask for Screen replacement for 17k
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
it would surely solved contact customer service center
0 Likes
Abhijithyd
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I already visited customer service center at Hyderabad. But with little help. They mentioned I have to change the display which will cost around 17k.
0 Likes
Umeshy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Yeah, I have the same issue on my s10, and their customer service is very poor in India. Its better buying iPhone,  they charge slightly more that samsung phones but service is 1000 times better

0 Likes
YRSS
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Same issue is faced by many note 9 users worldwide so urging all to report it to Samsung and ask for free Screen replacement
0 Likes