Original topic:

Samsung scam_Samsung galaxy note 9 display breakdown due to software update

(Topic created on: 10-27-2020 08:36 PM)
Abhijithyd
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

I purchased Galaxy Note 9 (International version) while at USA in August 2019 9via Amazon). I am currently located in India. Recently after some security patch update by Samsung, my device screen is showing some problem. The screen color turns yellowish/greenish with horizontal lines, particularly in medium to high brightness. I visited Samsung service center at Hyderabad, India. They mentioned that the issue is due to software update with wi-fi connection, and may be because of unstable wi-fi connection, the screen got damaged. They also mentioned that I have to change the screen which will cost around 17k Indian currency, and the even after the display change there won't be any warranty. This is so annoying. Why should I pay that much money to change the display when it is Samsung's faulty software update that damaged the screen. It is better to switch to some other brand other this Samsung scam.

18 Comments
vkeshav
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
please dont upgrade by wifi or sim data....files may go missing bcoz of poor network....it is always recommended to upgrade by smart switch or Odin....go to Samsung store and try to reload the upgrade again
0 Likes
jig1
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
everyone is having same issue after update
0 Likes
Abhijithyd
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Since my phone was bought outside of India, here the customer care doesn't replace the screen for free. Today, I got call from Samsung India service center head office. The guy called Nitin told they will discuss the issue and see if some discount is possible. I have been using different models of Moto G phone for last almost 10 years. I had never faced such issue with Moto G phones. It was just last year I switched to Samsung. It turns out to be a costly mistake.
0 Likes
Abhijithyd
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Samsung didn't help me out. I am buying Redmi 9 Pro. I no more want to waste my money on these high end androids, particularly not Samsung again, which do not even last for two years.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We request you kindly call on 1800 40 SAMSUNG (7267864), 1800 5 SAMSUNG (7267864) or email us at support.india@samsung.com. So that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Natarajanjothi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I am facing the same issue with my galaxy note 9 model. I purchased mobile in India. But after recent update am facing screen discoloration. Customer support wants me to replace the display by paying 20K. I don't see a point why should we spend so much if there is an issue because of upgrade given by Samsung.
0 Likes
Umeshy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Hi guys, I am also getting the same issue and they are charging me for the repair even though this is caused by Samsung. let me know if any body is going for consumer court. I will also raise a complaint. These guys are fooling customers and making their life miserable.

0 Likes
Acoustic_Hive
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Please try this simple fix. 

https://youtu.be/LBPET5BFl54

0 Likes
scorpionfloyd
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Same issue for me since September  2020.  Unbelievable and unfathomable that Samsung is not doing anything to fix this issue  https://twitter.com/floydthescorpio/status/1330601427237003266

VERY FRUSTRATING...

0 Likes