Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung, please fix the keyboard dictionaries/languages/text prediction

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 07:56 AM)
Elpece
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note

The problem of a messy text predictions on 3 × 3 English (UK) is causing so much inconvenience in typing.

Please fix this with an update. It mixes Afrikaans with English. Please help
11 Comments
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy Note

Please follow the steps below to disable Predictive text 

1. Open the keyboard

2.  Tap "Smart typing".

3. Tap the switch to activate or deactivate.

0 Likes
Elpece
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Hi! thanks, but What is the purpose of the solution?

To merely deactivate text prediction or resolve the problem on this post?
MrKABS
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
Yeah lol! Like what kind if answer is that? I need this to work, but if you can't do that, even half-work will do, but my phone has gone stupid! I can barely type anything! I spend my time deleting gobbledygook from the suggestions, hundreds and hundreds of nonsense words like tmmw tmmwp adjkklm. I want to scream!
Elpece
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
They need to fix this. It's very irritating.
0 Likes
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
install gboard,much better
Elpece
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thanks. but it limitations on certain features.
0 Likes
AndroidAuto
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
hi, you can control your keyboard options and dictionary. this is possible if you go to your settings, Language and Input then you can select either a Samsung Keyboard or Gboard. I recommend Gboard as it learns your typing and stores your keywords in its dictionary. you can explore more options on the keyboard list available. good luck
Elpece
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thanks for your response, but I tend to not like Gboard because it does not seem to have certain features of Samsung Keyboard.
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
True I like the feel more of the samsung keyboard,best is to make sure you downloaded the afrikaans language and updated the other languages and either toggle between predictive texts,and see how it works out for you,I'm trying to use the keyboard a lot hoping it will learn my style. Alternatively you can also try swiftkey,but it is 3rd party so it might excel in certain instances, but disappoint in the other