Original topic:

Samsung note 9 wifi exclamation mark issue

(Topic created on: 03-25-2020 06:35 PM)
Naitik1210
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
I have been facing this issue since a very long time.
I get an exclamation mark on my wifi symbol as soon as I download/stream heavy stuff and internet stops working. Works perfectly fine on all other devices at home so shouldn't be a router/network issue.
Really troubled by this issue as I can't really use the Wifi connection at home.
Help is appreciated.
7 Comments
saltaf
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Check data usage settings
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Or check if u have set ur WIFI to metered connection
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
wifi is limited
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
reset your network settings and try again
0 Likes
Naitik1210
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
None of the above works, tried everything.
Setting up static ip on my phone made it better though but not solved it completely
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Apologies for the delay in response. However, understanding the criticality of the situation; we had to ensure the well-being and safety of our employees which led to the delay in response.

Hope your issue is resolved. In case the issue still persists please follow the below mentioned steps.

Check device in safe mode: Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone or tablet allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications.

Enter safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears.>Press and hold the power off icon.

Exist safe mode: Press volume down and power key simultaneously for 5 seconds to restart the device.

Note: If your device functions correctly in Safe Mode, it is most likely that the issue lies with a 3rd party application that can be uninstalled to resolve the problem.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Samsung Members App > Feedback >Error report > Attach log file for any issue)

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,

Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes