Original topic:

Samsung drops Galaxy Note 8 to quarterly software update schedule

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 10:47 AM)
AshuAgrahari
★★
Options
Galaxy Note

It has been more than three years since the Galaxy Note 8 was launched, and Samsung has now dropped its security software update schedule from monthly to quarterly. The company had done the same with the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8+ a few months ago.

Usually, Samsung releases monthly software updates and security patches for its high-end smartphones for three years and then provides quarterly updates for another year. That’s four years of regular software updates, longer than any other Android smartphone OEM in the industry. Sometimes, the South Korean smartphone giant releases critical security patches to even older devices.

If you have a Galaxy Note 8, you should expect it to receive security patches every few months until October 2021. If you are using a Galaxy S9 series device or a Galaxy Note 9, you’ll get another year of monthly security updates. Galaxy S10 series and Galaxy Note 10 series phones will get two years of monthly updates. Even its enterprise devices will receive monthly updates.

Recently, Samsung had announced that it would offer three major Android updates for its high-end devices in the Galaxy Note, Galaxy S, and Galaxy Z series.

Source :

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-note-8-dropped-quarterly-software-update-schedule/

7 Comments
saarang007
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Bad move from Samsung :(
At least for such a popular Note device after previous model's explosion fiasco, they should have changed their update policy. Many people around the globe are still using Galaxy Note 8.
0 Likes
ZaynM23
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
so we'll get oct 20 update or not coz i am having screen fade issue and thought its a software issue and was kinda hoping will be fixed via the oct patch 😅
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
you will receive it
0 Likes
ZaynM23
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
fingers crossed😂
0 Likes
ZaynM23
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
anyway its my last Samsung i am totally firm now to move to apple😂
0 Likes
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
rich boy
0 Likes
ZaynM23
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
theyre almost the same price wise now also samsung isn't paying attention to its customers i have a screen fading issue like 1000s of people are having right now and they haven't even addressed it officialy nor theyre fixing my phone so yeah i feel like it doesn't serve the 80k we pay
0 Likes