Original topic:

Samsung customer support story

(Topic created on: 04-17-2019 10:46 PM)
wasee
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note
Slightly long post, I will try to keep it entertaining 😉

So my Note 8 battery seems to play this game. When its down to 15% battery it drops like crazy.

Here's what i mean. Keep an eye on battery % and time.

9% drop in 4 minutes.. wait it gets crazier.. now you can see i have connected it to a charger.

Time still at 10: 07

Check this out... 

Connected to a charger and 1 minute later... down to 0% ( It was not even a minute, it was like 15 seconds)

I have visited service centre 4 times now. They are so unqualified that they could not fix it.

Some claim there is no issue at all even aftee showing screenshots. While all this my warranty has run out.

Along the way i had to answer lame questions like If i played PUBG..

I sent an error report and a month later i got a reply stating "it a characteristic of the battery to prevent sudden shut down".

They converted a defect into a feature.

Help me guys.. is it normal or I am the only wierdo here?

If anyone know a way to escalate it do help me.

Cheers,
Waseem
0 Likes
nipoo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
1. Charge your phone to 100%.
2. Continously use till switch off your phone automatically (do not charge while in this step).
3. While phone is off charge again to 100%.
4. Do 2nd and 3rd steps twice again.
0 Likes
Bhavik15
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
while battery is below 15% try to disable alarm, GPS, Mobile data (Consume more battery), Wifi (If not necessary), and other unnecessary activity during battery is low. try this things and notice the battery drop time
0 Likes
wasee
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
out of these alarm n wi fi only stay active... but no wi fi is no fun 🤣
0 Likes
oyemukul
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
my s8 is just 5 months old, in oreo os i also facing same issue but after updating to pie, this will fix in my s8.
might be its a software issue.
0 Likes
wasee
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Im on pie... doesnt solve the problem
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
change the mother board and battery if possible to do so
0 Likes
wasee
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I can buy a whole new phone at the price of the motherboard
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
hm... then I am speechless
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
then change battery
0 Likes
sawan07
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
i had the same issue i recalibrated my battery by dialing *#0228# do quick start now your battery is recalibrated. After this try resetting your phone it may help.
After recalibration I flashed stock firmware through odin and it is working now perfectly.
Don't worry its a software issue. If nothing hapens then try flashing stock firmware. Sometimes due to software update some bugs remains and causes this issues.
0 Likes