Original topic:

Samsung can do better!!

(Topic created on: 02-21-2019 04:38 PM)
ChakhnaChor
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note
Before you report this thread and it gets taken down, hear me out.

I bought S8+ and Note 9. Either the smartphones have reached their limits or maybe I lost interest in these devices too quickly out of buyer's regret. 

But if you analyze closely and list out the pros and cons, you will end up having same thoughts mine. 
Best:
1. Screen - No doubt Samsung makes the best panels.
2. Samsung Pay - Works 99% of the time, and you never have to carry your wallet again.
3. S Pen - Cool. And I forgot the last time I actually used it.

Samsung is leading in innovation, no doubt. First ultrasonic fingerprint, 1.5TB of storage, memory card support, HDR10 recording and the list goes on. 

Let's take a closer look at the limitations:
1. If you root the phone, KNOX breaks and then you can kiss goodbye to Samsung Pay. 
2. 2 years of major software updates but after that again KNOX breaks if you try to flash a custom ROM and since there are not many articles or videos about using a custom rom, its hard to flash a custom ROM. 
3. The android development for devices from OnePlus is on its peak. You can flash a new ROM every other day. But this is not the case with Samsung. 
4. Software updates are mostly delayed. 
5. Camera is above average if not best.
6. Night sight is missing. 
7. Features which are present in the new generation of S10 or Note 9 will never make its way to the older generation. For example Intelligent scan. The hardware used for intelligent scan is same in S9, Note 9 and S8, Note 8. But still S8 and Note 8 will never have Intelligent Scan. I have a feeling that S9 and Note 9 users will never be able to remap bixby button if they are not using any third party application. 
8. I used my friend's OnePlus 6, the software was snappy and animations were smooth. But this is not the case with Samsung Devices, maybe cause it is heavily skinned.
9. During Pie Beta testing, many users requested for features but they were never listened to. Pie feels unpolished with a fair share of bugs. 

It's not a Hate post. It's just me pointing out the areas where the devices can be improved. I love Samsung and I'm currently using a Samsung device as of now. 

If you happen to notice any mistake, do point it out and I'll correct it. 
Thanks a lot. 
7 Comments
swapbiswas
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
true
ChakhnaChor
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Thanks buddy.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
buddy I am also facing these issues well pie software or say one ui is unpolished version provided by Samsung I really regret to update my software to pie i regret most . I hate the changes made in camera . i hate the way implemented the one ui . I regret for updating my s9 . I really regret about this
0 Likes
ChakhnaChor
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
And the icons are less modern looking and feel a bit on the cartoon-ish side.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
yes buddy
0 Likes
manbeersingh
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
true, people are moving towards oneplus coz they can customize their phone at ease.
Samsung surpassed nokia coz it understood the future of android same way oneplus will be the major competition for everyone including apple
0 Likes
ChakhnaChor
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Couldn't agree more.
0 Likes