Original topic:

Samsung S21 mobile lights up every 2 minutes ALL NIGHT

(Topic created on: 02-16-2021 03:06 AM)
PetaSinclair
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

I purchased a new Samsung S21 mobile phone for my husband to upgrade his S20. He purchased a charger stand which he put next to his side of the bed (previously his phone was in the study at night).

It’s driving me CRAZY because it lights up every two minutes for about 30 seconds then turns off - and it happens ALL night!  (I have an iPhone 12 and it behaves perfectly...)  

I’ve searched the web to find a solution and it seems that this is a COMMON problem, and over many years.  I’ve turned off the AOD but still no success.  

The phone doesn’t light up regularly during the day, only at NIGHT.  

There are a few options: I go; he goes; the phone goes; i buy him an iPhone; or we find how to stop his brand new, all singing and dancing Samsung S21 from disturbing my sleep!  

I think his preference is to find a solution from the Samsung community. (At the moment, at 4am, I’m not sure which of the above preferences is mine - he’s sound asleep!) 

10 Comments
AMPK
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Try switching of Adaptive brightness if it is switched on. Also switch off internet while sleeping.
0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
It's not a normal behavior. Try to turn off "lift to wake up" "alert to wakeup" from the motion and gesture control settings and then check..
GOPINATH-R
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
😱
0 Likes
PetaSinclair
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I don’t know.  I will have to check when he’s not looking 😬

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Have you activated Notification reminder?
0 Likes
Ashru
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I think that you have enabled notifications reminder
0 Likes
PetaSinclair
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

It only comes on at night - and all night every 2 minutes!  

0 Likes
PetaSinclair
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Thank you, everyone, for your comments.  He’s turned off Notifications Reminders.  We’ll see if I get some sleep tonight 🤗😂

0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
At what time does it light up. Have you allowed favorites for do not disturb and notification. If yes that is why your phone is waking up at night. 😜