Original topic:

Samsung Note 9 - Display Discoloration & Overheating [Join Telegram Group 👇]

(Topic created on: 07-17-2020 11:24 AM)
Signup
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Note : After Admin/Moderator deleted my post three times without any reason this is my 4th post on the same issue which I've been facing now. If there is any mistake in post please let me know in comments I would more welcome to correct it.

This is my self declaration whatever the issue  violating the rules or policies let me know. Don't delete the post just because you have access to do that. What ever we are writing here are our problems so just keep it in your mind before deleting the post.

** Join Telgram Group by filling the form below**

Hi All, You may have seen this problem already in 

community forum by many other Note9 Users.

I'm also facing this issue from past 10 days.

1)Initially, when I unlock phone by pressing power button the display was changed to dim colour(mostly yellowish) and with horizontal lines displayed when the brightness is below 50%. After tried with multiple times pressing on power button the display came back to normal.

2) Next stage, it's not solved with power button. I have to keep my phone aside for some time to get back to normal display. It's been 15 to 20 min then.

3) Now, I would get normal display only in morning. Else, I need to keep my phone idle without touching for at least 4 to 5 hours. I've also changed screen power off time from 30 Sec to 10 Minutes. So that my screen wont turn off and I can keep the normal display. If I forgot to use or kept aside more than 10 min then my screen would go off and display would gone again and irritation starts with that discoloration problem..

4) If display changes to yellowish to reduce the horizontal lines problem I need to increase the brightness to 80 or 85% but this causing my phone with another problem "heating issue"

Initially I thought this was my device problem and I felt like i'm in worst situation in this hard time. After searching in community and google I have got to know that Many other users also facing the same issue.

@Samsung need to respond on this issue and they must answer these questions to their customers.

If problem persists in one or two devices randomly we can accept that.

But this problem could be seen on many devices( that too at a same time frame. Its not common problem which can be seen on one or two devices..

Its already reported in many websites like #PhoneArena, #AndroidAuthority, #9to5Google and #SamMobile However, we didn't here any word from our company #Samsung about this issue.

1)Are they going to fix this through next software update?

2)Would they help their customers to repair if problem not solved by software update?

3) Why it is happening in many devices at same time ? What is the main cause ?

4)How could this can be solved ? (Apart from same stereotype answer "Go to nearest service center")

We all know, without any specific guidelines from Samsung officially service center guys would surely say its display problem and you need to replace the display which will cost about 19 or 20K for each individual.

Please respond every one here who are facing the issue.

Self Declaration: using best case for protection and it was not fallen till now. Using very carefully and I don't have any problem till now expect this.

My Phone: 

Links posted by other users

Website Links :

311 Comments
rahul1533
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I'm Also Facing issues
but little Weird ...
when i switch to any Gray Color background it's Looking more Greenes color in that... i have Another Device Galaxy A50 And i Compared issue.. My note 9 just **bleep**edup
and it's not Done Deat #samsung...
the service centre guys told me to change display and it cost almost 19k.
my Note 9 has not a single scratch or dent on Whole Body... its look just like Box opened Device..
0 Likes
rohit27sm
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note

Namaskaram Anna,

Same issue i faced with slight differences. Around 2 months my phone started heating up and now after march update one days i found out that the screen is broken from bixby button side (slight lines in display) due to heat, i guess.

After so many years, i believed in Samsung but as usual they have a tendency to ruin the device with software updates to upgrade to latest device.

Hope they fix it.

Thank You! 

0 Likes
JackAg
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

My display looks discolored after the last update. Unable to fix this. Even when I try changing the Screen mode in settings, there is absolutely no effect. This needs to be resolved ASAP by Samsung. fyi I use Note 8

0 Likes
nir1322
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
facing the same issue yellow non responsive screen with flickering
what is the solution can anyone suggest ?
0 Likes
bhjos
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

I am also facing same problem, SAMSUNG Is not at all replying.

0 Likes
bhjos
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Me to facing same issue, since Samsung is not reverting I am  taking my case to consumer forum

0 Likes
PRKS
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I am also facing this issue on my note 9
0 Likes
Jelaih20
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Having this issue in my Note9 as well... Just suddenly had the horizontal lines and when I adjust to higher brightness, the horizontal lines disappear but screen is still a bit yellowish... Soooo disappointed... Had my Note7 before for more than 2 years and it never had such issue... 

0 Likes
ColonelMustang
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note

I am facing the same problem. Someone also posted on reddit regarding this: https://reddit.com/r/Android/comments/hsq8mp/samsung_galaxy_note_9_dis

Galaxy Note

Samsung has confirmed that there is an issue with display post latest security patch was released over online chat to me. But as of no there is no official statement as such... Might be Samsung would not be able to handle consequences post self announcing this blunder. When this problem can hit their so called flagship mobile then what can we say about other models.

How can they expect from customers to pay that hefty amount for screen replacement when we have already paid a handsome amount to purchase Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Shame on Samsung....