Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S10’s kernel source hints at a 5G Samsung Galaxy Note 10

(Topic created on: 03-15-2019 10:22 PM)
Naveenpippal
★★
Options
Galaxy Note
The Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, and S10+ launched last month and have gone on sale in the U.S., India, China, Europe, and other markets. In the U.S., the Galaxy S10 comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 mobile platform. In most other countries, the S10 series comes with Samsung’s Exynos 9820. Earlier today, Samsung uploaded the kernel source code for the Exynos Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10+ (SM-G970F, SM-G973F, and SM-G975F respectively) so we downloaded it to look for clues about Samsung’s next smartphone. We discovered a code-name for what is rumored to be the Samsung Galaxy Note 10, and it may have support for 5G network connectivity.
Months before the release of the Galaxy S10, notable Samsung tipster Ice Universe revealed that the Galaxy Note 10’s code-name is “davinci.” I found references to this code-name in the defconfig file for the Exynos 9820 Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F). The lines in question determine which camera drivers the kernel should initiate. For reference, beyond0 is the Samsung Galaxy S10e, beyond1 is the Samsung Galaxy S10, beyond2 is the Samsung Galaxy S10+, and beyondx is the 5G Samsung Galaxy S10. The last code-name in the image, davinci5G, likely refers to a 5G Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
The only other 5G Samsung smartphone that we know of is the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Fold. The code-name for the LTE Galaxy Fold is known to be “winner.” It’s possible that the 5G Galaxy Fold will bear the “davinci5G” code-name, like how the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 is code-named “perseus” while the 5G Mi Mix 3 is code-named “andromeda,” but I think that’s unlikely to be the case for two reasons. First, Ice Universe leaked the code-name for the Galaxy Note 10 several months back. Second, the reason the 5G Mi Mix 3 has a different code-name is because that device has an upgraded chipset (Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 versus Snapdragon 845) whereas the 5G Galaxy Fold will still have the Snapdragon 855 albeit it’ll be paired with the Snapdragon X50 5G modem. Thus, I believe that “davinci5G” does indeed refer to a 5G Samsung Galaxy Note 10 model. Note that this particular model would have the Exynos 9820 with the Exynos 5100 5G modem since I found evidence for it in the kernel source code for another Exynos 9820 device.
0 Comments