Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 screen discoloration post June 2020 Update

(Topic created on: 07-17-2020 02:39 PM)
bhjos
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

Would like not just the community but the someone from the samsung team to please address this issue.

This is a software related issue which is being reported worldwide. Any and all replacements suggested by the service centers, as they are otherwise clueless on what to do, should be covered by Samsung whether in warranty or not.

Though being a software I would love to know if software updated are on the way to fix this bug .

I have been using for close to decade now and have been using Notes and S series right from Note2,5 and now 9...it's off putting, and doesn't give me confidence when I wanted to get a S20+ in the coming year.

Might go for another brand if this persists.

14 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Galaxy A71 also has the screen discoloration issue .I went to service center, they replace my A71's display panel, Still discoloration issue not solved
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
problem is how you are updating that software....because most of time I noticed galaxy note9 display issues with users who simply updated that software by using mobile data or wifi...other who used smart switch or odin to flash firmware they didn't complain issues .....Samsung provides non A/ B type ota software..so it's procedure and recommended to use smart switch or odin over simply update which may produce software holes and glitches by damaging software side..and another thing is that ...not only note9 ..note9 and s9 software still have 13 vulnerabilities and 2 critical issues in Samsung own software itself..it has to be fixed afterall
0 Likes
bhjos
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
if it has issues Samsung should have informed users to use above procedures to update the phone, because a common person who doesn't know IT will never understand. Odin doesn't come with Samsung phones.

I read your similar comments on each post can you please help me with written communication to use smart swtich by Samsung.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
wait giving you the procedure.....and by the way it doesn't mean Samsung told or not. It's only the proper and recommended method....all software engineer and Samsung service center recommend that process only ...simply mobile data or wifi brings software holes and glitches especially in Samsung devices where Samsung provides non A/B type ota software
0 Likes
bhjos
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
and it is everyone's hard earn money put to buy this permium phones, thank for your suggestions and steps will follow them for later , but please help for this issue right now.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
welcome mamm ...don't worry once visit service center if possible in this covid situation and flash your last firmware from authorized Samsung service center. it's absolutely free within warranty period of devices otherwise it will take rupees 236 only ..........mamm I i gave you proper way then please click on 3 dots of my comments and accept my solution..👍
bhjos
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
will accept if it works thank u
0 Likes
bhjos
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I am an software engineer but I wasn't aware about it, depends on what u work for and FYI, samsung never announced it that way and it seriously has problem then they should not allow to download via. mobile data or wifi.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
if you are software engineer..then mamm you know better than me that a software update always need stable carrier...Samsung provides nonA/B type ota software not like other devices A/ B partition type..so during simply update software by mobile data or wifi if network little bit fluctuate during update then possibly it gives incomplete error most of times by damaging software side...then also you will be able to install that but you will also welcome full of software glitch and holes which leads to create various types of issues in devices....if mobile data or wifi is process then it's not possible that one same type of devices getting issue and another not getting any kind of issues by same software......if you flashed software then if there is built-in software issue then both of similar device will show similar types of issues only .....if you noticed properly post of Samsung members app then you can found that most of all similar device suffering different, different issues like display colour banding, ui lag,poor gaming experience, ghost touch ,battery drain faster etc...it's not possible by firmware flash except software has built-in fault ...i allaways maintain that hence my s9 as well as my old note 3 just like champ still now ..not any single issues
0 Likes