Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra dies within 4 seconds

(Topic created on: 01-25-2023 03:08 PM)
Anshumanmohta
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi all. I have been using note since the first note1 was launched and have always been a big fan of the device. 
I by mistake took my note 20 ultra 5g with me in my pocket inside a small pool in my villa and within 4 seconds realising my mistake, came out and dried it up. at first the phone responded following which lines came on the screen and the phone blacked out.
upon reaching the service centre, they declare my phone dead. and customer service was also not able to help.
Some ray of hope from Manisha, Jitender and Abaas from samsung HO who have contacted me and are helping me out. 
my phone was in spotless condition as can be seen in the photos below and post getting wet, the back entirely opened up and the glue holding the phone together inside was almost nil. there is not a single scratch on the entire phone whatsoever.
For a salaried person, buying a 1 lakh plus phone is itself a big ordeal. The pain of such a premium phone dying is unbearable. I mean my note 4 edge is working till date. I just hope and pray that samsung is able to help me out.

update on 26th jan- i have got a call from Manisha that somebody will get in touch with me. Then Abbas from partner.samsung has asked for the photos of the phone. Post this, jitender from partner.samsung has spoken to me and has said he will call back with a solution by 27th. He even confirmed over call that the phone is in pristine condition, it's shocking to be damaged this badly.

update on 27th Jan- Jitender called up and confirmed that they have approved my phone repair free of cost. Cannot begin to express how grateful I am to samsung and jitender for the exemplary service. My son's photos are gone but will keep better backup in the future. As always, samsung rocks. hopefully we get to see another note in the coming unpacked. will give the next update once i receive the phone
Sorry for the late update. Had got the phone on the 31st of January itself. Phone was basically brand new with the same old back glass cover as they didn't replace that since it wasn't damaged. 

26 Comments
satzh_3223
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Samsung can do nothing for this bro.. don't believe on them.. it's my personal opinion.. because all were seen only buisness
0 Likes
Anshumanmohta
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
i really hope they can help me out. I mean I have no other option but to hope. I am still in shock that a phone that I keep so nicely and maintained just died in seconds. I am still not willing to accept it
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Nothing can be done at this point except for replacing the faulty part, which is either the display, or the motherboard, and in either case, you have to pay the entire amount, even if your phone is covered under warranty. Liquid damage is not covered by basic warranty, assuming you even have it.

I have attached the prices for spare parts (these prices are not inclusive of taxes and service charges). The most you can do is try negotiating to see if they bring the price down a bit, otherwise there is nothing you can really do.Screenshot_20230125-192554_Edge.jpg
0 Likes
Anshumanmohta
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
when I went to the service centre, they took 1 min to declare my phone dead. i was almost in tears because my 1 lakh plus plus phone died being seconds in water and that my 1 yr old son's photos were now gone. the service centre didn't care much even though I was visibly shattered. i called up customer support who also didn't care much. thankfully people from samsung HO who called were considerate.
Anshumanmohta
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Alao, my phone has never had any drops or issues till date. so any problem with the glue inside was never seen uptil now. A manufacturing defect with the adhesive holding the phone together seems like the issue. because even my sim card which was inside the phone didn't get damaged. when they opened the phone at the service centre, there was no water inside at all
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I understand, but it doesn't always work like that. There are hundreds of cases where phones died off of liquid damage even without the back panel coming off. And there was no water inside becuase the back panel opened up, so ot dried up. There are liquid damage indicators inside the phone, which must have turned red.

If the HO guys are being considerate, then its good for you, but you can't really complain otherwise since it was out of warranty, so the manufacturing defect doesn't count, and also because liquid damage is not covered under warranty, which is written in the terms and conditions. Are they offering a discount on the repair charge?
0 Likes
Anshumanmohta
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
i am yet to get a call from them tomorrow. but it's not the case as you mention, because just because the back opened up, the water wouldn't dry up. and to the matter of the glue, there wasnt any almost. like it was there in parts, but there were areas were it was not at all there.
my phone is in spotless condition. no drops till date which I feel is kind of a record. i understand warranty is not there, but i have some initial note devices that are still alive and not opening up, so how can a little bit of water do so much. it has to be.some sort of a manufacturing defect. will update you what revert i get from samsung
0 Likes
Anshu
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
This is good that still samsung people tring to help you out. Had it been iphone .....service centre would have handed you estimate of 1 lakh.
If you wish to use this phone for another two years then get it repaired. 40 to 50k.
Else go for pixel 7
0 Likes
Anshumanmohta
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
so samsung has confirmed free of cost repair for the phone. they were like such water damage is not possible in a phone of such pristine condition