Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Battery Suddenly drops from 4% to 0%

(Topic created on: 09-29-2020 10:10 AM)
LakshayKaura
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Well generally I charge my phone when it is below 20% only but I noticed that when my phone is at 4% it directly drops to 0% and switches off. I already tried resetting fuel gauge and then charging it to 100% and discharging it to 0% but again it switched off after 4% by dropping to 0%

Balu332
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Than visit service centre bro they will diagnose the phone and replace the battery if required.
0 Likes
LakshayKaura
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Okay
0 Likes
LakshayKaura
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
But thinking 4% to 0% is not a big issue as we generally charge phone at 20% only
0 Likes
Balu332
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
****Dont agree for format option***
LakshayKaura
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Okay Sure
0 Likes
Solution
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Your phone shuts off at 4 % is a safety measure for the battery made by Samsung. That power is for the phone to boot when you restart or plug in the charger. If its totally 0 % the phone battery takes the kick and can get damaged so always charge you battery at 15 % and dont exceed charge above 95% for battery long life. cheers
LakshayKaura
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
That sounded like a good explanation :) Cheers
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I have never seen such thing..that's why i tried same with my device(S10+)..and there was no sudden drop in battery percentage..my device worked at 4%,3%,2% and so on..and it switched off when battery percentage reached at 0..i am not sure, if your device is having new ui battery caliberation..then can't say..

for proof check screenshots
0 Likes
LakshayKaura
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Explanation given by Dilli sounds good to me, many Note 10 Users with One Ui 2.5 have seen similar behavior of their devices
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
0 Likes