Original topic:

Samsung DeX not workink on my Note 9 after last update

(Topic created on: 09-13-2020 10:53 PM)
SpanishFlyer
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi friends,

I purchased the Samsung DeX Station EE-MG950 a couple of monts ago, together with a small size ASUS monitor (not a WIndows laptop or similar, just a monitor with HDMI and mini USB), all the needed cables, a USB mouse & keyboard and started enjoying the DeX full screen straight away; it was great to view the news while having lunch & dinner and used it every day without any problems. As I said, my Samsung is a Note 9.

But it stopped working after I updated the phone's firmware to the latest version I carried out on the 1st of August 2020. N960FXXS6ETG5 Android 10 2.1.

Tried to search for a solution in the net, but haven't found anything that helps me.

Does anyone know what to do in my case?

Best regards and take care 

0 Likes
9 Comments
grandpa97
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
try hard reset once
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
clear dex cache on your device and then try again
0 Likes
sensam
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
or pls wait untill one ui 2.5, you don't need cable for Dex connection
0 Likes
Litti
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Mangloo मंगलू
0 Likes
SpanishFlyer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

No hard reset, since I would loose all my data & Apps... : (

And Dilli, I did the clear cache, but did not change the situation.

Thanks to both anyway.

Sensam, my guess is that if it doesn't run wired, I doubt very much it will work wirelessly; still you never know...

I am convinced it has to do with the Knox security update that I installed last month.

What a bummer. : (

0 Likes
SpanishFlyer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Found this interesting video that might help me, since I have (except for the phone) the exact same setup. I will try it and come back to you..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOwcuFzyM8Q

Best regards

0 Likes
Emmanuel_J12
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey, If you're still facing the issue with your Samsung Dex, then please turn out to the feedback section and raise an error report:

Kindly follow the steps mentioned below:

Log in Samsung Members app > Click “+ button” at the bottom right > Click “Send feedback” > Click “Error reports” > Add detail of the issue and attach the system log data (click checkbox)

*When you abstract the log file. Please check off the pop-up message: log file delivered

You can also check this link which explains in detail the entire steps to send feedback: https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Community-Guidelines/Send-Feedback-Report-a-Bug-to-Samsung/m-p/3...

View solution in original post

Dvallejosr
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Fixed thank you!!

0 Likes
dutvol28
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

settings, connections, more connection settings, HDMI mode

option for DeX

or