Original topic:

SM-N9860 and support for 5G on Zain network!

(Topic created on: 11-20-2020 05:37 PM)
Almolah
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello all, I have Note 20 Ultra 5G HK version because I refuse to buy the inferior Gulf edition with the non Snapdragon chip! My phone 5G works fine with original firmware 1ATGM on sim2! Yet whenever I upgrade to any newer firmware I lose my 5G! Will Samsung ever start paying attention to this issue? Will it help us fix this or shall we look elsewhere?
6 Comments
Smartphoner
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I have the same problem with my G9880 (S20 ultra SD). No 5G after software update and hasn't been fixed until now. We are waiting for action from Samsung's side because Kuwait network carriers won't bother to solve anything.
Almolah
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
If they do not act,I will soon turn my note 20 Ultra to a paper weight and switch to another brand who respects it's customers!
Ahmadأحمد
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
buy same region Samsung official phone, every region different licenses
0 Likes
Smartphoner
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I had the exynos version but it heats up badly with some tougher processing tasks up to the point of force closing apps. Battery consumption is worse.
That's why I replaced it with the snapdragon version which is totally up to the expectations.
Galaxy Note
i have the same model i live in qatar and the 5g is not working on the latest firmware
0 Likes
Smartphoner
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
The latest firmware (one UI 3) Android 11 solved the 5g problem at last! I'm very happy Samsung listened and responded!!! Congratulations to all GCC Snapdragon users!