Original topic:

S pen for Amazon Kindle

(Topic created on: 05-01-2021 04:06 AM)
khk360
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I hope Samsung sees this post...
PL add an option to use the SPen button to turn pages on Amazon kindle books...single click to move to next page and double click to move to previous page...
Helps when the Note 10+ is on a stand and you have the SPen on you to be used as a remote for turning pages...
13 Comments
Galaxy Note

Hi, The that's a nice feature suggestion. 

The option for Spen support in apps should be added by the app developers. Samsung have released the SDK for SPen so that any developer can utilize Spen functionalities within their app. Try requesting Amazon Kindle developers to add this feature to their app. 

Members_Admin
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note

Thanks for sharing your idea. It has been shared to the concerned team and we hope it can be considered in the future. 

khk360
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
great! thanks 👍
Members_Admin
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note

Hello!

Samsung has released the S-Pen SDK for app developers if they want to support.
This should be requested to Amazon. The owners of the Kindle technology.

0 Likes
Mellage
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

As a workaround, if you have your volume controls on your phone change the pages within kindle, you can then map the s pen accordingly.  So, for me, I changed the s pen settings  so that for MEDIA, when I press the s pen button once, it's mapped as volume down,  which is the same as advancing to the next page when kindle is open.  Then I mapped 2 presses as volume up, equivalent to previous page.  Hope this helps

Thesmutreader
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

You are my absolute favorite person I've been trying to figure this out for months!!

0 Likes
MjrLavio
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Hope this help? It completely solved my problem!! Thank you!

puffin
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Hi there. 

I know this is a bit late but when I was reading the thread I did think 'Hmm, I wonder if you can remap functions to buttons?' As I'm a bit thick, I didn't come up with an answer :( But, 'ta da!', as if by magic, @Mellage did.

The thing that made me smile the most was your reply.

I guess I'm just so happy to have found a part of the internet where people act like I know people irl can and do, co-operatively and with kindness :)

I feel like I've just completed the final boss fight that has been beating me for years!

If you actually read this, all the best, I hope that you and yours are well and keeping safe. Given the time of year, festive greetings to you and yours. Have a great holiday season.

Cheers :)

DeepBlue74
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I found the Perfect setup for the Spen with AMAZON kindle. This lets me just click on the S Pen button once to go to the next page. You must first go to the Settings inside the Kindle App and enable option to turn the page using the volume Control 

Perfect setting for Kindle S- Pen.jpg

0 Likes