Original topic:

Rattling Noise/Vibration while Zooming In or Out in Note9

(Topic created on: 11-29-2018 08:51 PM)
shubham540
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello all,

Whenever I am zooming in or out on Camera, a rattling noise/vibration starts occurs for a few seconds from its dual camera lens! It only happen whenever I zoom in or out!! I never noticed this because I am using my Note9 Camera for very casual and normal tasks, not using zoom feature much whether in photoes or videos, but now, when I need to use zoom feature, from 2x to 5x or to complete 10x, a rattling/vibration starts occuring for a second or sometimes for a few second till I close the camera. Temporary fixing it by closing camera app and again restarts it. Its maybe Camera hardware defect. I was earlier using Note 8 and never faced such thing. 

Guys, please check your Galaxy Note9 Camera zoom too, if its happening with you also, comment below and lets discuss about this issue further here and wait for samsung's reply, maybe its a software issue or a hardware defect, I am not sure about it for now. I hope Samsung will resolve my issue as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards

P.S. My Note 9 never ever fell either from my hands or from somewhere else.

Update: I am facing this camera buzzing vibration issue, check the video: https://youtu.be/YOmI_WbZQyM
18 Comments
manu1
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
its the motors in the camera,same thing happened with me too on ny s7 edge
0 Likes
Lauki
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Yes it happens with me too. Also sometimes using live focus the camera starts vibrating and the picture starts getting wavy. It's annoying!!!
ALIVEnAWESOME
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Contact service centre
ALIVEnAWESOME
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Hi guys,
Please support and share this issue if you find it a genuine issue with all samsung users. Your support can make this implemented by samsung developers faster. Samsung admin has also responded now by the support from all of you. More support needed. Please help to make this happen. It is for all of us. Thank you....
https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_IN?projectId=0&meta=#/post?postId=405973
Sparky1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Actually they are fixing the issue in the upcoming build. so many N9 users faces this weird sound while using pro mode or zooming in and out. Hope it will fix on OneUi
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
No issue here bro
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
It sound when we change the aperture as it is normal and I don't hear or see any vibration in secondary lens
0 Likes
shubham540
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I am facing this camera buzzing vibration issue on my Galaxy Note9, please do something!! check the video: https://youtu.be/YOmI_WbZQyM
SubhraSam
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
For me also when I purchased prebooked Note 9 there was no noise coming out camera. Slowly I was able to hear little ratting noise coming out of my phone rear side but I was not able to figure out that from where it is coming and I think 10 days back this rattling noise increased and I could hear it more clearly now so last week I took it to service center to sort out the issue of rattling noise and I am having issue with one sim slot and when someone speaks bit loudly in high tone then I am hearing a weird noise which mainly comes when the speaker is not proper. you all will be shocked with the replies to my problems by SVC. they said camera rattling noise is common for all Samsung phones, check the network issue with their common app which does not say any details on signal strength vs radio reception and said that it's working fine. funniest part was as Note 9 is having high quality speaker so in quite environment this noise will come. Anyways I was not convinced but came back as I use my note 9 for official purpose taking backup and giving it to them is bit difficult for me. As said earlier I use note 9 for official purpose so I had not used my Note 9 for camera much other than taking screenshots and rare images without any zoom. But after returning from SVC I was taking an video using Note 9 in an function where after taking video for sometime using zoomed in to around 5x level suddenly some loud noise started coming out of my phone which was not from speaker and camera was not able to focus at all after that along with loud noise until I killed the app. That's where I started checking for the reason and was able to reproduce this problem everytime by shaking the phone for some time and then open the camera and try slowly to zoom in within 2x level and the camera motor will start coming. Now planning to go to SVC and get this checked next week. I had used many phones of Samsung including low end Samsung J7 prime where I have never faced such issues like I am facing with Note 9. Samsung needs to fix this as early as possible.