Original topic:

Push notifications query

(Topic created on: 05-07-2020 02:45 AM)
Terra87
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi, I'm an avid android user & well informed too. I've been using twitter notifications as my daily driver for news & rely on them a lot. Since last 2 days, I've not been getting any push notifications of twitter when I'm on data connection but as soon as I'm connected to WiFi, it populates all the notifications suddenly. I don't remember doing any such setting & I need to understand how do I get my twitter push notifications even when I'm on data network. I've done the following things already but to no effect. 
1. Re-installed twitter from scratch. 
2. Removed the app from battery optimisation list.
3. Added the app to "Apps that won't be put to sleep" list. 
4. The twitter app's Push Notifications are turned on & I think the app is working fine as I get all the notification while on WiFi. 

There are other apps like Google info which show me notification when I'm connected to WiFi. But that's OK. But, I would really like to understand what setting causes this behavior so I can fix it
0 Likes
11 Comments
Ashwin98
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Bro try this option Settings->Apps ->Twitter->Mobile data-> Allow background data usage
0 Likes
Terra87
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi Ashwin, it's on. thank u for sparing some time. Much appreciated, bro. 😊
Ashwin98
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
😎 bro
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
It is not your phone. The issue is with the mobile data. Your service provider backend servers may be down or slow and not working. Sometimes weak signals is to blame. Check your settings and ensure your volte is set to 4g and working. Hope your particular app has background activity allowed.
0 Likes
Terra87
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I had that doubt too but rest of the apps are still sending the notifications while I'm on data. I've checked my network speeds and they're in the range of 30 Mbps. I've also seen behaviour when I've gone out for groceries. Cannot go anywhere else anyway right now due to the lockdown but I was far enough to hop the tower.
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Do this last thing. Remove Twitter app and install it again. Maybe something in background stopping it. Dont worry your data will not get deleted. Just login again and all will come back
0 Likes
Terra87
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
That was the 1st step that I performed. I've it mentioned in the list above. Still no effect.
It's really strange. I also reset app preferences but to no avail. I think reset is the only option but I don't want to believe that. I don't want to make all settings again just for this 1 thing.
0 Likes
Terra87
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
So, after a lot of searching on Google play store & Google Web search, I've seen that there are many from different countries who are facing the same issue of not getting push notifications on mobile data but working fine on WiFi. So, I was a fool to think it's my phone which is behaving weirdly but it's the stupid apo.
I'll have to wait for them to update it at the earliest. The irony is I have twitted them about the issue. I hope I get an acknowledgement at least. Let's see. Will update you all again. Anybody using twitter, btw?
0 Likes
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Try changing your DNS. Use google's DNS for once to check whether you are getting notifications on 4G or not. I think that should work.
0 Likes