Original topic:

Poor Note 8 Support and Embarrassing answer from Samsung Support

(Topic created on: 11-18-2017 07:17 PM)
Blade1
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
guys, I would like to share the answer, which I received from Samsung Support as regards lack of security updates for the Note 8 (UAE)

before you read that useless answer, let me summarise. Samsung holds as for the tools

1) security patches have nothing to do with the overall stability or features. Samsung just release them to keep our devices secure

2) They mention that regardless of Note 8 updates in other markets, they don't seem there is a necessity to update UAE version. such an incompetent approach, we are not idiots. yeah, there is no need to release security updates for the UAE version, even if they do so for other markets. they write every market is different. well security threats and bugs are the same. and we do travel with the devices.

here you go, customers, please read this masterpiece indicating how to treat your customer as an idiot:

-----------------------------------

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Samsung Technical Support and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. 

Please be advised that you have reached Samsung Gulf Electronics based in Dubai, UAE and the latest update for the Galaxy Note 8 (Gulf model) was released on 11.09.2017 at 21:06:38 which is the latest update includes a security update to enhance the Note 8 software. 

The software released for the following versions: N950FXXU1AQI1/N950FOXM1AQHF/N950FXXU1AQHB/N950FXXU1AQI1 

The software is provided differently per region to ensure the stability of device to work depending on the countries network environments and requirements. We understand that you can compare with different models but for the Note 8 (Gulf model) where there is no more reported quality issue on the software, it is found to be stable. Providing an update to a much higher version or a security update with no reported issue may provide instability so unless a known bug is detected, then an update can be developed and the software update will be provided. 

We of course strive to provide the best possible experience for our customers with their devices. You may update your device right away when the update will be available by enabling the auto-update feature on your device. 
0 Likes
0 Comments