Original topic:

Phone Lagging , Hanging and Apps Crashing. Phone

(Topic created on: 03-23-2021 05:24 AM)
coolYatin
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
HEY HOW MANY OF U ARE FACING THIS PROBLEM IN NOTE 20, APPS ARE CRASHING. PHONE IS LAGGING AND HANGING FOR FEW SECONDS. I AM FACING THIS PROBLEM FROM PAST FEW MONTHS.... 

IF SOMEONE HAS ANY SOLUTION PLS REPLY..... HAD MESSAGED AND HAD A CHAT WITH SAMSUNG SERVICE TEAM ON WHAT'S APP.... THEY ARE TELLING RE INSTALL ALL THE APPS OR DO FACTORY RESET....

PATHETIC 

I FEEL IT'S BEC OF CHEAP EXYNOS PROCESSOR AND POOR RAM MANGEMENT ON DEVICE , IT'S FLAGSHIP PHONE....

10 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
This is not an issue just a internal app report, don't worry
Did you face any issue while you used any app?
See my app report

Screenshot_20210222-165109_Device care_75662.jpg

0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
And what you shows, its WhatsApp issue all are facing wirh WhatsApp
0 Likes
Adhith
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Uninstall updates to the app named 'Android System Webview'. It should solve your issue.
0 Likes
DannyDJ
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
same issue is happening in S20 Ultra my apps were crashing for the past 1hr, i can't access my gmail and outlook or any other banking apps.
0 Likes
Hemant2065
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
try factory reset on your phone
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
app android system webview update is culprit. like someone else said remove updates for this app and clear cache of your phone in recovery mode and you should have your phone working well
0 Likes
BuntyTiwari
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
What you need to knowAndroid users are reporting frequent app crashes, particularly owners of Samsung Galaxy smartphones.The problem has been traced back to the Android System WebView.Uninstalling updated from the System WebView should fix the problem.

Android smartphones are apparently dealing with an annoying bug that seems to cause their apps to crash frequently. According to a Reddit post, the problem seems to affect mainly some of the best Samsung phones like the Samsung Galaxy S21. The problem seems to be related to the Android System Webview, which comes preinstalled on Android phones and is what apps use to display web content such as in-app web browsers.

According to a Google spokesperson (via 9to5Google), the company is working to address the problem:

We are aware of an issue with WebView causing some apps on Android to crash. We are currently working to fully validate the scope and a fix is in progress.

Meanwhile, anyone experiencing the problem, whether on a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or otherwise, is encouraged to uninstall Android System WebView updates. You can do this by searching for it in the Play Store (or clicking the link), and selecting "uninstall," which should fix the problem. If that option is unavailable for some reason, you can perform the same action in your device settings.

If you're on a Samsung Galaxy smartphone, navigate to Settings > Apps > Android System WebView, then click the three-dot menu near the top of the page and select uninstall updates, confirm, and reboot your device. The process is more or less the same on any other Android smartphone. If you can't find the Android System Webview on your first try, make sure you're viewing "all apps," and it should appear.

It should be noted that you're just uninstalling the updates, and you should not disable Android System WebView, as that could end up causing problems for other apps. If this does not work, you may need to uninstall updates to the Chrome browser on your device since the apps are updated together, but this may only apply to devices below Android 10
0 Likes
coolYatin
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
@yashAgarwal still the problem is there.... I have un installed the updates. I think its not bec of update etc, its bec of The Processor....
0 Likes