Original topic:

One ui 3.0 Folder size/layout

(Topic created on: 02-23-2021 06:55 PM)
Ghaddah
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

Please let us change icon layouts or icon sizes for folders.
OneUI 2 and 2.5 had 4 icons across, and it was a vertical free-scroll.

OneUI 3.0 is now 3 icons across, wasted space, icons too big, and a horizontal page scroll.

I can't find a way to change it, but much preferred the 4 icons across.

Can we have layout options like we do for home screen and app screen? 

16 Comments
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Agreed about wanting the change back to 4x4 grids on the Home Screen folders, why shrink the size on this update?   No valid reason for forcing a smaller grid, it makes folders less user friendly.  Now have to create more folders cluttering the screen, or swipe through to find apps.   The purpose is quick access, without the need to swipe...

Give us the option to fully customize our own Home Screen folders, and bring back 4x4 grid option. 

VoidIndigo
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Are you kidding me? I thought I was going crazy, but you removed a simple setting that affected NOTHING and made people happy because they had personalization options? As a 30+ year software engineer, I would LOVE to hear the reason for removing a feature that makes the system more flexible and it's clearly well used and appreciated, and costs almost nothing to implement. PLEASE listen to your user base and replace that, don't make us load 3rd party launchers. I have loved Samsung phones for a long time, but yanking functionality does NOT make for a dedicated user-base

C00l-hacKer
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

1. "Good lock" isn't supported in my country.

2. I don't want to use 3rd party, I want things work on my phone as previously.

3. I've put all the icons in exact order: frequently used at the bottom right corner and rarely used in the top left. Why for God's sake you decided to break it without letting me to revert it back?

Amanra13
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note

Absolutely agree! As stated already please let us have the option at least of selecting the grid size of home screen folders. The wasted icon size and 3x4 is ridiculous and frustrating. There is no need to take that away, it was efficient and beautiful. Not having it is driving me crazy

ppakawatk
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note

Please bring back the 4x4 ASPS.

This is the worst update user experience. I mistouch like 10+ times for my frequent-used apps.

WindwardNB
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

It looks like it's back.  From the app menu I clicked on the 3 dots on Search, selected Settings, and in Home screen settings there on option for Folder grid.  I just set it to 4x4 from 3x4.  This is on Home screen version 12.1.01.15

IceColdCrash
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Might be back but only in folders on the home screen, 

What about secure folder, has anyone managed to put it back to 4x4?

(although even 4x4 is a waste of space)