Original topic:

ONE UI 3.0 update for *NOTE 9*

(Topic created on: 09-20-2020 10:32 PM)
jivin01
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
My current smartphone is note9. This phone was released on 23rd August 2018 that is exactly 18 days after the release of android pie. When i got my phone, it was running oreo which means note 9 started from below the ground. Samsung update policy is 2 years, i know that but when you promise 2 years my device should get ONE UI 3.0 with android 11. I'm not asking to give that update to the s9 series because they got exactly 2 years of software updates but when it comes to the note series they starts from below and basically ends up getting 1 year of software update instead of 2. Just because samsung started it wrong doesn't mean it should also end it wrong, just provide the ONE UI 3.0 update to note 9. Please it is a request.
jivin01
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
yes they should do that. my note 9 till now is getting better day by day and I'm kind of attached to it. this is the 1st time samsung has disappointed me with note 9. even though samsung introduced 3 years os updates, hearing note 9 is not eligible is like a heartbreak.
still, this is the best phone i have ever owned and I wish i could hold onto this for 3 more years.
manuelgmoena
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I totally agree with you, also galaxy note 9 was a top line smartphone in its moment, for this it should be upgraded to android 11!
Bibikola
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Samsung insulted us with the european exynos chip and then insults us with little or no support. Samsung needs to understand we will walkaway from the brand when a reasonable alternative is available.  

jivin01
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
even now just after n20 was released one ui 3.0 was also released. which means for n20 the upgrade from one ui 2.5 to 3.0 counts as 1 os update. Samsung is really disappointing note users by trying keep it at the s series level.
0 Likes
Josh297
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Note9 is still goin strong, if Samsung updates their budget phones, they will definitely start to get laggy while the note9 has legit never failed me. I got my Note9 on August 27th 2018 2:23 PM and fell in love the dang thing. **bleep** how Samsung cannot update this phone :(

Sef_Isaiah
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

yeah man its **bleep** really i love Samsung and their hardware but when it comes to support they really are one of the worst, i hope they at least end it right if they started it wrong.

moeb
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have a NOTE 9+ and for Samsung not to provide updates for a minimum of 3 years is not only unfair, it's downright greedy. At the very least, Samsung should offer extended updates; ie: the ONE UI 3.0 Update for a nominal fee - I can't afford to spend $1k +/- every (2) years!! 

0 Likes
jfalger63
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Very true. This note 9 is way better than most of the newer ones. Still has a 3.5 jack, Micro SD. They keep putting out the phones quicker because they are making mistakes that decrease sales and have to come up with a new model to fix the ossie.issue. Stop trying to fix whats not broken.

0 Likes
AlexK
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I pre-ordered Note 9 few minutes after watching unpacked event, and was quite happy with this device. However, aforementioned lack of Android 11 and One UI 3.0 release for end of 2018 best-android-money-could-buy flagship, which typically was compares not to S9, but to S10, perfectly capable of handling updates well, reveals poor marketing choices and failure of top flagships to keep up with newer software. I'm seriously considering moving to Google Pixels as my next phone - hardware is not everyrhing.

0 Likes
Acurteman
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I get your point but don't complain. OneUI 3.0 is a terrible piece of software and I'm doing everything I can to get rid of it. 

0 Likes