Original topic:

ONE UI 3.0 update for *NOTE 9*

(Topic created on: 09-20-2020 10:22 PM)
jivin01
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
My current smartphone is note9. This phone was released on 23rd August 2018 that is exactly 18 days after the release of android pie. When i got my phone, it was running oreo which means note 9 started from below the ground. Samsung update policy is 2 years, i know that but when you promise 2 years my device should get ONE UI 3.0 with android 11. I'm not asking to give that update to the s9 series because they got exactly 2 years of software updates but when it comes to the note series they starts from below and basically ends up getting 1 year of software update instead of 2. Just because samsung started it wrong doesn't mean it should also end it wrong, just provide the ONE UI 3.0 update to note 9. Please it is a request.
21 Comments
ALROOSY
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
They want us to buy a phone every year
MegasXLR
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I also think the same as well as hundreds of other people so feel free to sign this petition: https://www.change.org/p/samsung-give-android-11-oneui-3-0-to-galaxy-note9-s9-phones

faddy64
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Sadly when samsung means 2 years worth of upgrade they mean 2 major updates and note 9 did receive android 9 and 10 so i don't think it will recive android 11
jivin01
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
dudee note 9 was released after the release of android pie and it started with oreo. so we never got 2 android updates technically.
faddy64
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
android oreo was android 8 and note 9 was launched in mid august and the android 9 (with the launch of one ui 1.0)started rolling out in January and February to s9 and note 9 series and it also recieved the android 10(one ui 2.0) so that's basically 2 major android updates they promised. But yes i do admit the time between the release and the first major update wasn't much so in that case it doesn't look fair.
0 Likes
RDorsey
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

why cant we just be like apple and just gove continuous updates?

Oiram
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Seriously, even if 2 years did pass already. The note 9 (in my view) is still the best phone Samsung ever released and it would be sad to lose software updates for it. The phone would do fine for a couple of more years. I've grown really attached to it like no other phone before or after.

Just think about this, phones get more powerful with each year but people hardly utilize this power if they don't game or edit videos with their devices. So why not just let us keep our stuff, there are enough people out there that do not want to keep their devices and buy new ones anyway.

Do you listen Samsung?

I tell you why. Great Hardware alone doesn't sell anymore, so our access to the software of this $1000+ machines is being artificially limited. Samsung should be more like Apple and give us continuous updates. Premium prices for premium service!

bAlLeR09
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Yeah! you're right dude, look at apple, the iPhone 7 got IOS 14, that phone came out in 2016 and Samsung note 9 came out in August 2018 which is not that old, we paid so much money and Samsung makes such good phones, why do this in the software side. Is this how Samsung treats their loyal consumers ?

0 Likes
Oiram
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Seriously, even if 2 years did pass already. The note 9 (in my view) is still the best phone Samsung ever released and it would be sad to lose software updates for it. The phone would do fine for a couple of more years. I've grown really attached to it like no other phone before or after.

Just think about this, phones get more powerful with each year but people hardly utilize this power if they don't game or edit videos with their devices. So why not just let us keep our stuff, there are enough people out there that do not want to keep their devices and buy new ones anyway.

Do you listen Samsung?

I tell you why. Great Hardware alone doesn't sell anymore, so our access to the software of this $1000+ machines is being artificially limited. Samsung should be more like Apple and give us continuous updates. Premium prices for premium service!