Original topic:

Note 9 selfie camera not focusing upclose shots (after update to version 9)

(Topic created on: 03-03-2019 08:00 PM)
gouttedeau511
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello,

After I updated the phone to version 9, my selfie camera has been blurry and not focusing the image as it used to when I first purchased it.

So I went to the Samsung technician in SHARAF DG in Dubai and my phone was formatted and the technician adjusted my settings and nothing changed and he said he will order a new camera and told me to come back later when it arrives so he can install it.

I couldn't wait longer and I wasn't convinced with the solution of changing the camera because only after the update the camera stopped functioning properly.

Then I went to the Samsung store in the MALL OF THE EMIRATES in Dubai and as the technician and his sales tested my phone and compared to their Note 9 phones, it turns out that all the sales including the technician himself are having the same issue as mine. When we compared it to a display phone of Note 9 that wasn't updated it turned out that it's perfect as the condition of the phone when I bought it, and it turns out it was still version 8.

The technician advised me to write here because it's not something he can fix because it's only an update fix which only Samsung can fix.

So if anyone else is having the same issue please write here also so the issue can be fixed at the earliest. And if anyone has a solution please share. Xoxo

I'm really disappointed in Samsung.

Check below the difference between these photos I took before (clear one) and after (blurred one) the update.

Ps: whoever will comment and be like: "cLeAn ThE lEnSe" *insert spongebob meme* honestly, dont. Because 4 experienced SAMSUNG technicians already tried it. So, don't.

5afa598a-9d9d-4516-852d-edb4676b7e49.jpg

4dba51b1-50c8-4b58-bc21-f2c340db3f0b.jpg

17 Comments
JavedWarsi
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
new software has some serious issues camera, software updates, wearable disconnecting etc
gouttedeau511
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
honestly if they don't fix this amma go ask for a refund because its fraud like after we buy the damn new phones we have to go through the fact that its shit after the update and somehow we gotta be okay with it. it doesn't make sense.
JavedWarsi
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
you are absolutely right that it doesn't perform in same way as it used to be. mine one diagnosed yesterday and waiting for the response. one must be **** either me or they
gouttedeau511
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
honey for sure they are ****ing around and they better fix it a lot of people are complaining from this new dumb update which is actually a downgrade but lets see I bet they're testing new shit for the new s10 BUT HELLO WHY CANT THEY DO THAT SHIT WITH THEMSELVES THO
0 Likes
Joynts
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Picture looks good
gouttedeau511
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
old one was good yes
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
xxxx